Windows 10 CAD Mouse sensitivity resets

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

IvanDossev

Windows 10 CAD Mouse sensitivity resets

Post by IvanDossev »

I am using the CAD Mouse 3DX-700081

In the settings I've modified the speed slider, however when the system restarts, the mouse returns to default speed. If I open the speed options again, the slider is still where I set it, but the speed will not actually be that level until I re-slide it again.

Can this bug be fixed?
UtaSH

Re: Windows 10 CAD Mouse sensitivity resets

Post by UtaSH »

Hi IvanDossev,

do you see this issue in all application or just in one? Which one? Try it by doing the same for example in our Viewer.

Let us know what you find out.
IvanDossev

Post by IvanDossev »

It simply happens every time I start Windows 10.
The mouse behaves at default movement speed.
The GUI slider in this mouse's settings is set to maximum, however until I re-position the slider, the mouse speed is not actually at max.
It affects all applications.

Small thing to live with on startup, but I'd like to fix it if possible.
IvanDossev

Post by IvanDossev »

An easy programming solution would be if the drivers knew to remind the mouse it's DPI setting on boot.

Does the 3DXWare support plugins/extensions? People could apply quick software patches for the peripherals without needing to update all of 3DXWare
claireh

Post by claireh »

Hello Ivan,

I just tried reproducing the problem on my end with a CadMouse Compact Wireless and couldn't not see the same behavior. I will try a little later with a CadMouse Compact. Upon reboot, the speed slider is at the same setting as when I had left it. The pointer speed remains the same between restarts.

Could you tell me what driver version you have? You can find this in our settings panel by clicking the More > icon just below "Buttons." From there, select About. The 3DxWare version will be listed there.
Claire
IvanDossev

Post by IvanDossev »

The issue is with the CadMouse Compact. I have not changed the SpaceMouse speeds so I cannot say whether it is affected as well.
IvanDossev

Post by IvanDossev »

update: Seems like the speed after the system goes into a power off state, not just a restart.
IvanDossev

Post by IvanDossev »

IvanDossev wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:33 pm update: Seems like the speed resets after the system goes into a power off state, not just a restart.
IvanDossev

Post by IvanDossev »

It seems to have been a Windows 10 related issue. After a new update this is no longer a problem. As soon as 3DxWare launches, the mouse speed (DPI setting) is set.