Clean uninstall

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rchnorton

Clean uninstall

Post by rchnorton »

Hello all,

I've recently purchased the Enterprise 2 kit as an upgrade from my old Space Navigator and wanted to update the drivers. Sadly the uninstall process failed with an error and now I can install the new driver as the system reports that the old drivers are still installed and won't continue.

Is there a clean uninstall guide that may help me fix this issue?

Thanks
Roy
ngomes

Re: Clean uninstall

Post by ngomes »

Hi rchnorton,
rchnorton wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:48 am Sadly the uninstall process failed with an error
What is the error?
Nuno Gomes
geo_gerhold

Post by geo_gerhold »

Run the "Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled" trouble shooter to repair issue that block uninstallation. The cause of uninstall error is corrupted registry keys. To uninstall driver first logged on to your computer as an administrator and then start troubleshooting windows installer bug. From the control panel if driver uninstall step failed then try You could try removing them using DriverStore Explorer.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

geo_gerhold wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:49 am Run the "Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled" trouble shooter to repair issue that block uninstallation.
This may make the problem worse.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

rchnorton wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:48 am Hello all,

I've recently purchased the Enterprise 2 kit as an upgrade from my old Space Navigator and wanted to update the drivers. Sadly the uninstall process failed with an error and now I can install the new driver as the system reports that the old drivers are still installed and won't continue.

Is there a clean uninstall guide that may help me fix this issue?

Thanks
Roy
Hi Roy,

I saw that you have contacted our support team. They should come back to you soon with instructions on how to get the log files from the installation. And with this information we will find out what is blocking the installation. :)
mxwrench

Post by mxwrench »

I am having the exact same problem. I too have submitted a ticket with support team.

How long typically do they take to reply?

I tried removing thru windows program manager, tried repairing and ununstalling using 10.4 install file, removed old registry components, still nothing.

I'm getting
3d connnrxion install fail image.PNG
3d connnrxion install fail image.PNG (234.69 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

mxwrench wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:58 am removed old registry components,
That may have been what caused it. Windows Installer (the framework used by installers) relies on a consistent Registry. When this information is deleted, the framework cannot continue since the cached information is gone.

Try installing the old driver. That will restore the deleted data. You can then cleanly uninstall the software and try to install the new driver once again.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

mxwrench wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:58 am I too have submitted a ticket with support team.

How long typically do they take to reply?
Hi mxwrench,

you opened the ticket on a Saturday and got a reply on Monday morning. This is how the response time should be. 8) :wink:

It seems you were able to solve the problem by installing the older version of the driver. If you now reboot, uninstall the old version and reboot then you should be able to install the latest version. :)