Issues with SpaceMouse cutting out? Try disabling Windows Game Bar

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

citizen_insane

Issues with SpaceMouse cutting out? Try disabling Windows Game Bar

Post by citizen_insane »

I just had a very frusterating week trying to debug why my brand new install of Windows 10 had issues where my SpaceMouse would cut out/stutter in every application I used (Solidworks, Fusion360, PrusaSlicer, even the training program). I finally decided to try it in safe mode and got it working just fine so after a bit of sleuthing, it looks like Windows Game Bar was interfering with it.

I figured I should pass along this information both as a note for the Devs and as a PSA to anyone else having this kind of issue.

If anyone's unsure how to do this, here's a link: https://www.howtogeek.com/705656/how-to ... -game-bar/
luping

Re: Issues with SpaceMouse cutting out? Try disabling Windows Game Bar

Post by luping »

Thank you, nice tip. :D
claireh

Post by claireh »

Thanks for the heads up and workaround citizen_insane!

I'll inform our dev team about this. Hopefully we can reproduce this issue and do something about the incompatibility from our end. :wink:
Claire
STMONC

Post by STMONC »

I would like to thank you, Citizen_insane! I had the exact same problem, after letting windows update the other night!

My spacemouse became unresponsive/lagging - things were moving very slowly and not smoothly like they used to. I was literaly going MAD!! :twisted:

I followed your advise, and went to https://www.howtogeek.com/705656/how-to ... -game-bar/ - disabled it, and now it seems that things are back to normal again.

If this is a general thing that Microsoft has done, I think we can expect that a lot of users are going to need this tip!!