Spacemouse Enterprise - button 12 in Flight Simulator 2020

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Magic Man

Spacemouse Enterprise - button 12 in Flight Simulator 2020

Post by Magic Man »

Have been using my Spacemouse Enterprise in a number of applications, one being Flight Simulator 2020 - it's excellent for controlling views.

Have discovered one thing though. FS2020 has the option of scanning input devices for input in order to allocate functions. I'd been getting a rogue input when trying to use this functionality for a while and had thought that it was another device (e.g. a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle since some of its switches are always in the 'on' position)

However, came across the fact today that it is in fact my SpaceMouse Enterprise that is giving the constant input and, when specifically performing the scan for input on this device, FS2020 indicates that button 12 is pressed. I have no idea what that indication relates to and couldn't actually activate the in game allocated function by pressing any of the buttons.

Any ideas...?
jwick

Re: Spacemouse Enterprise - button 12 in Flight Simulator 2020

Post by jwick »

I'd be very impressed if FS2020 interpreted all attached HID devices correctly. But it doesn't seem to.

I'd guess they are opening all the joysticks and they pick up our KMJ Joystick emulator. We only advertise 8 "buttons, but if they are adding up all the possible controls, they could get to 12 (axes, buttons, hihat).
Try disabling that. Or create a cfg file for FS that sets up the joystick correctly. It it isn't being configured it might be in a random state.

If they have a control panel/file to define their device interpretation, they may allow you fix their misinterpretation.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Thanks, will take a look.

I do have the Enterprise setup, just the cap, for camera views but scanning for an input on the device returns what FS2020 sees as button 12 constantly active.

It 'sees' both 3DCONNEXION KMJ EMULATOR and SPACEMOUSE ENTERPRISE as distinct devices, listing the KMJ emulator as 4 buttons, POV, 6 axis (2 x 3 axis) and a slider and the Enterprise as buttons 1 - 32, joystick buttons 33 - 256, another set of buttons 1 - 30 and 6 axis (2 x 3 axis)
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

I seem to remember there is an entry you can add/edit in one of the config files to manually select a config profile so that the app doesn't need to be running to select and edit the profile - can't remember...?
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Tried a few others things, took all the buttons out of the config and set up a new config based off the joystick template and took all button related info out of the .xml leaving just the axis info. - still getting button '12' on the Enterprise coming through as always on.

Any ideas how or where that constant input is coming from?

On a related note - where does the profile name actually come from? There are config and app related names in the .xml but neither of them are what is shown on the Enterprise screen or SmartGUI profile name - it still uses the executable name
jwick

Post by jwick »

My guess is that the throttle axis is causing it. Hypersonic reported issues with that years ago.
It is a different type of axis. It doesn't return to center when you release it. It stays where it is as on a Thrustmaster.
If you can't disable that one axis in the game, I'd disable the emulated joystick. I can't think of a way to disable a single axis.

If the name is the executable name, not the name in the cfg file, make sure the cfg does not contain <ReadOnly>true</ReadOnly>.
You can send me your cfg if you want me to look at it.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Many thanks, will check that.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

No joy, can't disable the emulated joystick and even if I disable all axis then 'button' 12 still shows as activate input and defeats the process when scanning for input - doesn't show as always active if it is actually bound though.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Also, when I try to map the Windows key in a recorded macro, e.g. Win + Y, then it only shows as [Win pressed][Y released][Win release] - i.e. doesn't get the actual key press as it does with other key modifiers.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Which device are you trying to disable in the devmgr? IIRC you have to disable a parent device before the devmgr will accept your changes.

The Win key is typically intercepted by Windows so the GUI doesn't get all of it. You probably have to make the macro yourself. Record a Win key macro and a Y key separately to get the HID codes. Then combine them manually into a new macro.
It will look something like this:

Code: Select all

<MacroEntry>
      <ID>Win+Y Macro</ID>
      <Sequence>
        <KeyPress>E3</KeyPress>
        <KeyPress>1C</KeyPress>
        <KeyRelease>1C</KeyRelease>
        <KeyRelease>E3</KeyRelease>
      </Sequence>
    </MacroEntry>
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Ah, you mean disable through device manager, okay, will try that, was looking in game.
Thanks on the macro advice, will check that.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Let us know what you find out. We recently had a forum user tell us about a new Microsoft O/S component that causes problems with our devices: Game Bar
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Still no luck. In my Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices I see both "3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator" and "3Dconnexcion SpaceMouse Enterprise" but right clicking on both, only have the option to disable the SpaceMouse, don't get the option on the KMJ Emulator, just to update driver.

Saying that, if I select to show hidden devices I get a "3Dx_KMJ_01" under Other Devices which I assume hasn't installed or has issues since it's not normally displayed and has a ? mark next to it.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Disabling the "3Dx_KMJ_01" device (and restarting as it requests) it now shows as disabled in device manager but still no different in MSFS2020.

Still get both "3DCONNEXION KMJ EMULATOR" and "SPACEMOUSE ENTERPRISE" as available input devices and, if I scan for input, still button "12" on the Enterprise is always active.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

In Device Manager, selected to view devices by connection and can see the specific HID devices under "3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator" - disabled game controller (and mouse just to make sure) no option to disable the keyboard device, restarted.

Now when I get into MSFS2020 I only have the "SPACEMOUSE ENTERPRISE" as a device option, the "3DCONNEXION KMJ EMULATOR" device is no longer available.

still the same issue though, button 12 in the Enterprise device is latched on...