Technomatix Process Simulate

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sime

Technomatix Process Simulate

Post by sime »

Hi,

On my work I got new PC with Technomatix Process simulate. I have old 3D connexant mouse (white color). I installed old driwers for that mouse and it works perfect in demo or in Catia but in Process Simulate does not work. On my old PC mouse worked perfect in Process Simulate. Do you have some advice about this problem?
luping

Re: Technomatix Process Simulate

Post by luping »

Invest on a new model 3D mouse, e.g., SpaceMouse Compact or Wireless.

As far as I know, a typical Tecnomatix process simulate license costs tens of thounds of USD. Your work PC probably costs more than 2 thounds...So why not invest on a new model 3D mouse to increase your productivity?
sime

Post by sime »

I knew that before. Does anyone have any smarter advice?
jwick

Post by jwick »

sime,

Which driver versions are you installing? That works and doesn't work.
Which device model is this? There were a few that were white.
sime

Post by sime »

3DxWare version 5.9.1
Firmware 5.20

sime

Post by sime »

jwick wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:29 am sime,

Which driver versions are you installing? That works and doesn't work.
Which device model is this? There were a few that were white.
Driver 2.8.2 for Classic mouse
jwick

Post by jwick »

That is very old. I'd be very surprised if such an old driver build would run on a recent O/S.

If this software and device worked on your old computer, there may be a .scg file for Technomatix on that old computer.
Check your %appdata% directory.

If you can get that old software to run on your new computer, this file should also work.
sime

Post by sime »

I copied all folder with ..scg files from my old to new computer. It does not helped.
sime

Post by sime »

Can I somehow transfer driver or some config files from old to new computer? Win 10 versionns are the same on both comp.
jwick

Post by jwick »

(I'm testing my memory)
There were probably two places files where kept.
1) Under Program Files (this is where our installer would put them)
2) Under %appdata%/3dconnexion/something (this is where your changes are kept)

Installing the old software on the new machine would take care of #1. But it is not unheard of for users to copy their own files in there, outside the installation.

#2 you have to copy yourself. They are just files. Any file system utility can do that.

In general, an app should have some minimal functionality even if there is not an .scg file for it.
Is it the same version of the application on both machines? Sometimes apps break or remove support from version to version.

There's been a lot of progress since 2.8.2. We are currently at 10.7.2. While you may be able to get this to work, it will sink a lot of your time.
sime

Post by sime »

Yes on both machine are the samo version of aplication and windows. But on old machine was earlier version of windows and with updates it came to latest win10. I have no ideas anymore. I would rather buy new 3D mouse but I can not decide about that. My old 3d mouse is much better than new SpaceMouse Compact.
luping

Post by luping »

sime wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:18 am I knew that before. Does anyone have any smarter advice?
Your time is cheap, do whatever you think is "smarter".
sime

Post by sime »

In Technomatix instalation folder I found one Saceballmouse.msi file. In its readme file it says:
This should be used in case that Tecnomatix was installed without spaceball driver installed first.
(Typically, the mouse is pre-installed and Tecnomatix is installed on top so there is no need to use this setup)
I installed it but mouse still not working. It looks like I'm going to have to say goodbye to this mouse.