Sketchup 2021

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

arj

Sketchup 2021

Post by arj »

I'm running Windows driver 10.7.2.3314 but it doesn't seem to work with Sketchup 2021. I'm assuming it should?
arj

Re: Sketchup 2021

Post by arj »

The 3DConnexion driver is not loading properly in Sketchup. It's giving this error :-

Error Loading File C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/3DxSketchUp/3DxSketchUpExt.rbe
Failed to read RBE/RBS file.

Any idea how to fix this?
claireh

Post by claireh »

Hi arj,

Did you already have Skechup 2021 installed before installing version 10.7.2 of our driver?

Let's first double check to see if the file pointed to in the error exists. Open file explorer and navigate to: C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/3DxSketchUp/

Is the "3DxSketchUpExt.rbe" file there? If so, temporarily rename it to "3DxSketchUpExt.rbe.bak". Once done navigate to the root directory for our driver. (normally in: C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore)

Run "3dxrepair.exe" and follow the remaining steps on the screen. From there, reboot your machine and test your mouse.
Claire
arj

Post by arj »

Yes Sketchup was already installed when I installed 10.7.2.

I renamed the .rbe file and ran "3dxrepair.exe". Now I get a different error after the reboot :-

Error Loading File 3DxSketchUp/3DxSketchUpExt.rbe
Could not find included file '3DxSketchUp/3DxSketchUpExt.rbe'

So I removed the .bak from the filename and now get the original error again:-

Error Loading File C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/3DxSketchUp/3DxSketchUpExt.rbe

I've reinstalled Sketchup about a million times with various "Run as Administrator" options as suggested in the Sketchup forums.
claireh

Post by claireh »

Hi arj,

The repair tool should have recreated the rbe file. Instead, let's try doing this manually. First, navigate to the following folder on your machine: C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxSketchUp

Copy " 3DxSketchUpExt.rbe" and paste it in: C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/3DxSketchUp/

Windows will ask if you want to overwrite the file. Simply click "yes", then try launching Sketchup again.
Claire
arj

Post by arj »

Hi Claire

Ok, I copied the .rbe file but still get the same error :-

I've a feeling it's all .rbe files that won't load as the four Sketchup supplied .rbe's also give an error (if I enable them).

Andrew
claireh

Post by claireh »

Hi arj,

In that case, can you try right clicking the .rbe file and going to "properties"?

From there, go to the "Security" and select your username from the list. Make sure Read & Execute permissions are checked below.

If you do have read/execute access then, please reach out to our support team here: https://3dconnexion.com/us/support-request/login/
Claire
arj

Post by arj »

Same error even though my account has "Full control" including Read & Execute permission.
David.P

Post by David.P »

Hello,

I receive the same error after installing the latest 3DxWare drivers:

Code: Select all

I'd appreciate if I could be pointed to a solution, so that I can use my SpaceNavigator again.
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi All,

You can try to either extract the latest/current driver which will display the MSI's for each plugin included within the machine. For example, you can extract driver 10.7.3 exe which will show different MSI's then you can run only the MSI for Sketchup which should be labeled as 3DxSketchup64.MSI.

Another way is to rename the plugin for Sketchup to .rbz and add it manually

1. Open File Explorer and go to “C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxSketchUp”
2. Select “3DxSketchup.rb” and zip it. Most likely, Windows won’t allow the zip file to be created inside the directory. If this is the case, send the zip to the desktop.
3. Change the extension of the 3DxSketchup.zip to read “3DxSketchup.rbz”
4. Place the zip file in “C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxSketchUp”
5. Open Sketchup and go to: Window > Extension Manager
6. Select Install Extension
7. Navigate to “C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxSketchUp”
8. Select Sketchup.rbz This should allow the user to load the plugin although, Sketchup will warn that the extension isn’t signed for some reason. This part can be ignored.

Hope that was helpful :)

Regards,
Abdul. A