Using a space mouse with Catia V5 while remoting in to PC

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ScottWebb

Using a space mouse with Catia V5 while remoting in to PC

Post by ScottWebb »

So I inherited a Microsoft surface Pro at work, and was asked to test it to see if it could work for remote work off site. Working with IT we were able to get the space mouse to work through RDP with NX, Vericut, and Polyworks. The only issue we have had is with Catia V5, is there something we are missing? So is this an issue with 3Dconnexion or Catia??
imsonica

Re: Using a space mouse with Catia V5 while remoting in to PC

Post by imsonica »

i've seen same problem here. it seems sometimes to be able to work with catia from rdp you need to start your windows session in the office and run once catia and the spacemouse software from there, in this way catia is recognized and then you will be able to work from home :shock:
ScottWebb

Post by ScottWebb »

So I tired starting windows session in the office with catia open, and then just locked my pc. Which did let me use the space mouse in catia but it only seems to work if you have the same space mouse for both machines. I have a space mouse pro at work and a space mouse wireless at home (I did have it plugged in with a wire while trying to use RDP) but it would not work at all with catia. when I finally got the space mouse to work with catia I tried jumping in to NX worked in NX but when I went back to catia wasn't working again. And when I logged back on to my work PC and the space mouse was still not working in catia, and I had to restart my pc to get it to work again. There has to be a easier way to get this to work right... :x
luping

Post by luping »

Install 3DxWare in the office workstation PC, and install 3DxWare in your home PC as well. Use VirtualHere to forward your local SpaceMouse USB port to your remote office workstation PC. That's the way to go.
ScottWebb

Post by ScottWebb »

IT and security will not allow third-party software for doing that... And I have the 3Dconnexion software on both machines and we made sure it was the same point release and drivers, although IT is not using the newest version.
luping

Post by luping »

ScottWebb wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:47 pm IT and security will not allow third-party software for doing that... And I have the 3Dconnexion software on both machines and we made sure it was the same point release and drivers, although IT is not using the newest version.
Tell the IT/security to deploy VirtualHere tool, it's safe. Otherwise, read this PDF for hint:
https://3dconnexion.com/us/wp-content/u ... moteFX.pdf
ScottWebb

Post by ScottWebb »

luping wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:02 am
ScottWebb wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:47 pm IT and security will not allow third-party software for doing that... And I have the 3Dconnexion software on both machines and we made sure it was the same point release and drivers, although IT is not using the newest version.
Tell the IT/security to deploy VirtualHere tool, it's safe. Otherwise, read this PDF for hint:
https://3dconnexion.com/us/wp-content/u ... moteFX.pdf
We had already went through the Steps outlined in the PDF. The space mouse works just not with catia, and if you set it so you can get it to work in catia it won't work if you have to jump to NX then back. its like the 3Dconnexion software is not picking up what CAD system you are in.