simulate pan/zoom with mouse wheel in spacemouse

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tigers

simulate pan/zoom with mouse wheel in spacemouse

Post by tigers »

Hi, I searched the forum but couldn't not find an answer and this is surprising because I'd think that mine should be a pretty common request.

I just want so simulate pan and zoom with mouse wheel/center button in spacemouse, that is I want to do:

I have many apps that behave like this (it's the standard Autocad behaviour with sometimes slight differences in how to zoom):

- to pan I have to hold the wheel button on the mouse (center button) and simply move it around; I want this to be assigned to a traslation of the Spacemouse knob (I move the knob "horizontally", it sends a mouse_center_pressed+mouse_move_in_that_direction);
- to zoom in and out I rotate the mouse wheel (sometimes with a modificator key like CTRL): I want this to be assigned to a vertical push/pull;

Basically, that just what the Office setup does, I am very surprised that this is not a standard option simply selectable from the interface.
aalsalihi

Re: simulate pan/zoom with mouse wheel in spacemouse

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi tigers,

This is not included within our UI as its a combination of two different movements assigned to one. You can try making sure the Middle button on the CadMouse is mapped too "Middle Mouse Function" which provides panning then you can use the Wheel to zoom in/out.
Normally using the knob can allow you to do multiple combinations at the same time but involving the wheel it will be a feature request.

I would recommend sending a technical case in which we will request more information and get a possible video then create a feature request. To create a technical case, please visit this link https://3dconnexion.com/us/support-request/login/

Regards,
Abdul. A
tigers

Re: simulate pan/zoom with mouse wheel in spacemouse

Post by tigers »

I'm using SpaceMouse, not cadmouse