Trainer starts but closes after a few seconds

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

R4ffers

Trainer starts but closes after a few seconds

Post by R4ffers »

Hi Guys, This is my first post.

So i took the plunge and bought the Spacemouse compact to aid my uphill battle in learning cad.
The problem i have is that when open the trainer it closes after a few seconds, i'm running windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated.
UtaSH

Re: Trainer starts but closes after a few seconds

Post by UtaSH »

Hello R4ffers,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team.
3D288

Post by 3D288 »

I had exactly the same issue as many others on my machine running Windows 10. None of the hints related to .net 4.5 helped. I ran a test on multiple computers. The Trainer App started only on the third device. Activating/deactivating .NET 4.8 or 3.5 on Windows 10 made no difference at all. Not on any of the machines. The Trainer App seems to work without an installed version of .NET.

On the computer running the Trainer App, the "Media Features" were enabled, on the other two they were not (Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off). After activating the media features, the Trainer App started normally, too.

On a notebook, the app started, but the video stayed black. Audio only. After disabling "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files" in Windows Media Player the Trainer App also worked on this Notebook.

Good Luck!
theitlegend

Post by theitlegend »

I am experiencing the same issue after installing 3Dconnexion Home App. For me after investigating the error in the eventvwr log that D3D9.dll was causing the crash as shown below. This DLL is part of Directx which is why the video screen shows connecting and won't play and then shuts down.

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 3DxTrainer.exe
P2: 3.2.7.0
P3: 5f062207
P4: D3D9.DLL
P5: 10.0.19041.1387
P6: 8056a5dd
P7: c0000005
P8: 0004dd43
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxTrainer\Media\3DxVideo.wmv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCCF.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF03.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF23.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF3B.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF8A.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_3DxTrainer.exe_d54274aa56be93e35737458ee79b526aa898bf2b_5a0bdc4e_976b374a-706c-412a-ad06-a0c5b9e82963

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f3f68e0e-0ab5-4575-9a9c-a13314b3555e
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 96145feeeaeefa3eb347a7e55bcdcc8f
Cab Guid: 0

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Due to my laptop having Integrated graphics and High-performance NVIDIA processor i had selected High Performace in my manage 3D settings in NVIDIA Control Panel under Preferred graphics processor: after changing this to Auto-select the Trainer worked. This trainer app seems to want to use Integrated graphics.

Hope this helps others with the same issue.
BIW_AenderunGSC

Post by BIW_AenderunGSC »

theitlegend wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:57 am Due to my laptop having Integrated graphics and High-performance NVIDIA processor i had selected High Performace in my manage 3D settings in NVIDIA Control Panel under Preferred graphics processor: after changing this to Auto-select the Trainer worked. This trainer app seems to want to use Integrated graphics.

Hope this helps others with the same issue.
Yes, this does help!!! Thank you! Your post needs to be pinned up somewhere.

Notes: Dell Precision 5550 running Windows 10 Pro, with both Intel Integrated Graphics, and NVIDIA T1000. dotNet framework 5.0.17, and absolutely no possibility to install the Media Feature Pack.

Changing from forcing NVIDIA control panel to use NVIDIA and instead "Auto-Select" = PRICELESS!!!

Another thread listed the possibility of 3dconnexion removing the Trainer feature from newer software package versions. Maybe not loose the concept of the trainer, but update the outdated software technologies that it is based upon.