Anyone having trouble with 3DConnexion?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BastiColler

Anyone having trouble with 3DConnexion?

Post by BastiColler »

I've got a 3DConnexion Enterprise Spacemouse. It's an awesome tool and I (usually) love it. But I've been having issues with it and the software/drivers.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

I've been using Inventor for several years and we are transitioning to Solidworks. One issue that popped up was that while it worked well in SW, when I went back to using Inventor, it was way too fast. The speed settings were all at max, and the control panel/settings had no effect (all speed sliders set to low/high with no effect).

I opened a support ticket with them, and they suggested a software update. That didn't work because the install failed (repeatedly) to update something called Wincore.

They suggested completely uninstalling it, trying a legacy version and then updating. That didn't work either, but the worst thing was that we couldn't completely remove all the 3DConnexion elements from the computer. I had a couple very experienced IT guys working on it for hours.

We are almost at the point of having to reinstall windows.

To top it off, the last email we sent to their support, bounced back because his inbox was full.

I've also heard, from someone who promotes their products on his YouTube channel, that he no longer knows anyone working there as the ones he did know have left.

I'm wondering if 3Dconnexion is a sinking ship or something like that.

So, has anyone else had trouble with them?
UtaSH

Re: Anyone having trouble with 3DConnexion?

Post by UtaSH »

Hello BastiColler,

I am sorry that you experience problems with the installation. Usually the log files from the installation help us to identify the problem.

I have contacted you by Private Message to get further information from you. Please reply so that I can investigate this case. Thanks!
BastiColler

Re: Anyone having trouble with 3DConnexion?

Post by BastiColler »

BastiColler wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:48 am I've got a 3DConnexion Enterprise Spacemouse. It's an awesome tool and I (usually) love it. But I've been having issues with it and the software/drivers.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

I've been using Inventor for several years and we are transitioning to Solidworks. One issue that popped up was that while it worked well in SW, when I went back to using Inventor, it was way too fast. The speed settings were all at max, and the control panel/settings had no effect (all speed sliders set to low/high with no effect).

I opened a support ticket with them, and they suggested a software update. That didn't work because the install failed (repeatedly) to update something called Wincore.

They suggested completely uninstalling it, trying a legacy version and then updating. That didn't work either, but the worst thing was that we couldn't completely remove all the 3DConnexion elements from the computer. I had a couple very experienced IT guys working on it for hours.

We are almost at the point of having to reinstall windows.

To top it off, the last email we sent to their support, bounced back because his inbox was full.

I've also heard, from someone who promotes their products on his YouTube channel, that he no longer knows anyone working there as the ones he did know have left.

I'm wondering if 3Dconnexion is a sinking ship or something like that.

So, has anyone else had trouble with them?

issue got solvedd