Disabling Second Key Function for Spacemouse Enterprise

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mc2mc2

Disabling Second Key Function for Spacemouse Enterprise

Post by mc2mc2 »

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to disable the second blue key functions on some of the buttons on the space mouse enterprise. I want to use some them as a press and hold key for pie menus in blender, so that when I release the button and move my mouse, the pie menu button gets triggered. I also want to use some of them as modifier keys(shift, ctrl), but because it seems like the spacemouse waits for the 1 sec delay to register the second function, I cannot use the button immediately if I want to press and hold shift and select multiple items.

I've tried the disable function within the settings, but it seems that the spacemouse still waits for the 1 sec when I hold down any multi function key.

Thank you
jwick

Re: Disabling Second Key Function for Spacemouse Enterprise

Post by jwick »

Some of the buttons that show the button assignments when held down can be disabled by disabling the On-Display in the GUI (Buttons page).
This is mostly the 1-12 keys along the top of the SME.
There is no way to use the GUI to disable the blue view keys (Front/Back/Left/Right/etc) that way.

It's possible to do this with an external program (which I'd have to write for you) but the driver would be constantly undoing your changes.
mc2mc2

Post by mc2mc2 »

Oh thank you!

Disabling the On-Display is a decent workaround to getting the pie menus to function how I want them to! :D
nextr

Post by nextr »

Help!
Is there any way to disable the second (blue) button for say "F" "R" or "ISO" on Enterprise?

I need at least a two convenient buttons reassigned for my lefthand thumb to press-and-hold while sculpting in zbrush.

I just bought / "upgraded" to an Enterprise model to have even more buttons at my fingertips. But found that there is only 1 button (Fit) for my lefthand thumb that can be assigned to press-and-hold vs 6(!) on the Pro version.

Is there is a way to reassign F, R or ISO1 buttons to allow press-and-hold functionality without that second function taking over?
Using my pinkie finger on the other side to press-and-hold Alt or Space is a horrible.

Spacemouse Pro assignments:
F --> Space
R --> Alt

On Mac OS if that matters.
Hoping.

Thanks!

PS I love the Spacemouse Pro for freeform sculpting in zbrush. Very natural and fluid. Way, way, way better than the native navigation.
Not sure that I can keep the Enterprise though .... "Space" and "Alt" are used constantly for brush adjustments and sculpting direction.