Firmware update error

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

darymyway

Firmware update error

Post by darymyway »

Hi, i have a little problem with my Spacemouse Enterprise, i contact suport for help because some of my buttons didnt work, so i ask by email if i can get it fix by warranty if i still have it or send it to fix so they can repair even if i had to pay, well this suporter send me a email answering this:

Thank you for contacting 3DConnexion.

I recommend updating the firmware.

We have a new firmware version for your 3Dconnexion device that
it can be applied using the 3DxFlash tool. You can download the tool from
this place:
https://www.3dconnexion.com/technical_s ... r17445.exe

Locate and double-click the .exe file (it will usually be in your downloads folder). A dialog box will appear. Follow the prompts to install the software. Then open the Windows menu bar -
In the 3Dconnexion folder you will find the "3Dconnexion Firmware Update". If the tool does not recognize the device, please unplug and plug it back in.
Note: The mouse has to be connected by cable.
Hit the update button then. This should solve the reported problem.

Please also see the readme file:
https://www.3dconnexion.com/technical_s ... 2.13.0.pdf
Please let us know if the problem is resolved or if you need more information.
attendance.
To verify that the firmware update has taken effect, open the 3Dconnexion control panel, then "About (About)" and check that the firmware of the Mouse.

Note: These products are not repaired, the warranty is processed.
Before any doubt or question, please contact us again and in the subject of the email, refer to your case number: 3DCX-20210803-0017 (without spaces).

Sincerely,
Lazarus
3DConnexion Technical Support

But during the update, my 3d space mouse enterprise turn off and reconect by it self with the name '' USB HID BootLoader '' and now is full dead, it stop working my computer does not recognize it. what do you guys think i should do? im very frustated because even if some buttons didnt work is was working fine, now its not working, please help, also i think the firmware that he send me its outdated, sorry for my english.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 16.43.41.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 16.43.41.jpeg (77.71 KiB) Viewed 4338 times
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (228.03 KiB) Viewed 4338 times
aalsalihi

Re: Firmware update error

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi darymyway,

It seems your device got corrupted when you tried updating the firmware. Sometimes if you update the firmware on the device while already having the existing version then it will cause the device to get corrupted in which it won't be recognized anymore by your machine.

There's 1 thing we can try as most of the times you can get error Codes for every HID device that can be resolved/restored to the initial state etc.
You can try uninstalling the Network Adaptor for Intel by following the steps below:
- Open Device Manager
- Expand Network Adaptors
- Right click on the Network Connection and click on Uninstall
- Once that done, restart your machine and open Device Manager again
- Go to the Network Connection and right click then click on Update Driver
- Click on Search Automatically for Update
- Once that done, restart the machine again

This should resolve most of the error codes from the HID, you can also refer to this website as it has some pictures and steps etc https://www.windowscentral.com/how-chec ... windows-10

If its still an issue then you might need to get an RMA for your Device. In that case you would need to reply to the last email from Support and notify them that your device is not working in which they should start an RMA process.

Regards,
Abdul. A
darymyway

Re: Firmware update error

Post by darymyway »

Thanks i will try this :D