Using space mouse for general applications

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

j.wheelock

Using space mouse for general applications

Post by j.wheelock »

Trying to use the spacemouse to just scroll left and right or up and down for regular windows apps. That definitely doesn't seem like something it's setup to do with the software. Is there a trick to just using it to scroll/zoom?
mw0225

Re: Using space mouse for general applications

Post by mw0225 »

I am considering buying SpaceMouse to operate regular windows apps, or on MacOS.
Use on browser or as a programmed macro keypad, can you share what you think, thank you
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hello there,

The SpaceMouse is intended to be used with 3D applications only and will perform 2D functionality such as zooming/scrolling (up/down) in Adobe, MS365 application and other supported software's.
Some general applications will allow you to only scroll up/down and others will allow you to do up/down/left/right if you using excel for example etc.
If you having any issues then i recommend reaching our to our Technical Support Team for further assistance on this page here https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/

Regards,
Abdul. A
jlegere

Post by jlegere »

mw0225 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:06 am I am considering buying SpaceMouse to operate regular windows apps, or on MacOS.
Use on browser or as a programmed macro keypad, can you share what you think, thank you
Dear God, Please don't.

my spacemouse enterprise has been collecting dust for 6 years because of the difficulty of editing macros.
the hardware is spectacular, best in the industry.
the macro editing is the opposite.
you do it in a text editor if you want anything more than a basic key press or mouse click, and there's no guide.