Unreal Engine Updated, Old drivers don't work

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Ziggybirdy

Unreal Engine Updated, Old drivers don't work

Post by Ziggybirdy »

Hi there, I'm running Unreal Engine 4.27 and I can't seem to get the old 4.6.2 plugin for spacemice to work on the new version. I'm just curious to see if anyone has any idea how to update it or alternatives in the time between now and the release of the updated driver. Thanks!
aalsalihi

Re: Unreal Engine Updated, Old drivers don't work

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Ziggybirdy,

We started supporting Unreal Engine from version 4.23 up until 5.0EA (and continuing)..
Normally, you would need to install the latest driver while having the software installed. Once that done, our driver will detect whatever versions you have on the machine and assign the plugins if available.

Because you have 4.27, i would recommend uninstalling the 3Dconnexion driver you have then install the latest driver (10.7.4) then restart.
This should allow the driver to detect the current Unreal Engine on your machine and assign the plugin for it.

Regards,
Abdul. A
peterbowenpm

Re: Unreal Engine Updated, Old drivers don't work

Post by peterbowenpm »

Hello Abdul

Not sure you are correct.

If you look at the ReadMe document for 10.7.4 it says the following for manual install:

Exit Unreal Editor and copy the "3Dconnexion" directory for the corresponding Unreal Engine version to the "Plugins" sub-directory of the Engine's installation directory.

My install for 10.7.4 only has directories for Unreal versions 4.23, 4.24, 4.25, 4.26 and 5.0EA. So it was possible to do a manual install for Unreal 5 (Early Access) after I had installed 10.7.4 to work with 4.26.

Without a directory for 4.7 it will not automatically install and you can't do a manual install.

We need a new driver version with support for 4.7.

Regards

Peter