MasterCam 2020 not working with the SpaceMouse Enterprise

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rfung

MasterCam 2020 not working with the SpaceMouse Enterprise

Post by rfung »

My Space Pilot have been using for over 10 years & just stop working on me. And i just buy the Space Mouse for my replacement. But too bad is the new Space Mouse not working on my MasterCam 2020. I am using windows 10. Please help!!!
aalsalihi

Re: MasterCam 2020 not working with the SpaceMouse Enterprise

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi rfung,

Did you check to see if there's any elevated rights between the driver and Mastercam?
If Mastercam is running as an admin then our driver need to be running as an admin as well. Here's an FAQ for this https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/ ... ermissons/

You can also try making sure the axis for the device are enabled for Mastercam
- Open Mastercam
- Open 3Dconnexion Home
- Click on Settings
- Make sure its showing Mastercam on the top of the setting window
- Click on Advanced Setting
- Make sure all the axis are checked under Speed.
- Test it

Also, It might have something to do with the XML sheet for Mastercam. Please try the steps below.

1. Close Mastercam.
2. Go to Start and do a search for “Stop 3DxWare” and stop the driver.
3. Open File Explorer
4. Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg
5. Delete XML sheet that says Mastercam
6. Close File Explorer
7. Go to Start and do a search for “Start 3DxWare” and start the driver.
8. Start Mastercam.
9. Test

Regards,
Abdul. A
luping

Post by luping »

For the driver side, you may have to reinstall it via the advanced manual/customization section of the driver install guide.
For the MasterCAM side, you may have to go to the configuration/settings panel to configure the 3Dconnexion device function.
Howie82

Post by Howie82 »

I am having the same issue. Works fine in 2021, won't work in 2022. I have tried the above suggestions without any success. I have noticed that when you are looking at the 3D connect setting window, after opening it with MasterCAM open, that it does not say MasterCAM on it until you click on MasterCAM program again, after opening the settings. And then it is saying MasterCAM X, which appears to be the wrong version, X was from 2010 I believe, not sure if that matters. It does not appear to stay focused on MasterCAM and seems to revert to Windows Explorer focus.

Also, there are no spaceball device settings inside of the MasterCAM setting page in 2022.

The latest Driver, Win10 Enterprise, was tried with both Pro and Notebook navigators.
luping

Post by luping »

Howie82 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:37 am I am having the same issue. Works fine in 2021, won't work in 2022. I have tried the above suggestions without any success. I have noticed that when you are looking at the 3D connect setting window, after opening it with MasterCAM open, that it does not say MasterCAM on it until you click on MasterCAM program again, after opening the settings. And then it is saying MasterCAM X, which appears to be the wrong version, X was from 2010 I believe, not sure if that matters. It does not appear to stay focused on MasterCAM and seems to revert to Windows Explorer focus.

Also, there are no spaceball device settings inside of the MasterCAM setting page in 2022.

The latest Driver, Win10 Enterprise, was tried with both Pro and Notebook navigators.
I suspect software developers at CNC Software inc. failed to integrate 3Dconnexion SDK API into the codebase of MasterCAM 2022. You should lodge a feature regression(non-working 3Dconnexion settings) complaint to CNC software inc.
Howie82

Post by Howie82 »

According to them, it has. Every button on my Pro model works fine, views, etc. Just the rotation does not work. The same combination is working on a co-worker's older Dell desktop workstation.

We even swapped out different units, the Notebook Explorer, Pro, and Enterprise. They all work on his desktop, none of them work with MasterCAM on my Dell 7560 mobile workstation. All the other software on my PC works fine with whichever spaceball I have on my laptop, windows apps, Lotus Notes, Solid Edge, NCSimul, etc. So it does seem like it has something to do with the combo of my Dell laptop and MasterCAM that I just can not determine what it is.

I've installed an earlier version (10.6.4)of the 3d drivers, same results. I've cleaned all registry settings and installed the latest version several times. (10.7.4) Same results.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Being so limited to your machine, it sounds like a cfg issue.
Make sure you don't have a MasterCam cfg in %appdata%/3dconnexion/3dxware/cfg.
You will have problems if you go back and forth from a current version to significantly older versions, due to incompatible XML changes.