How to tell the difference between the Spacemouse Navigator and Compact?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Dreamer2021

How to tell the difference between the Spacemouse Navigator and Compact?

Post by Dreamer2021 »

I just realized I may have a wired Spacemouse Navigator as I bought it several years ago (used). There's no model on it anywhere, even on the wire.
Weight is 1.01 pounds/460 grams (not including the wire)
Diameter is 3 1/16" / 76 mm
Height is 2" / 50 mm
On the bottom it says
3DCONNEXION
on a silver background.
I've looked online but can't find hardly any images for the Navigator. Just the compact. Some seem to be for notebooks so they may be smaller/lighter.

Does anyone have any clue what I have?
luping

Re: How to tell the difference between the Spacemouse Navigator and Compact?

Post by luping »

Install 3DxWare driver, then double-click the tray icon of 3Dconnexion driver to open the 3DxWare panel to find out the actual model.

The SpaceMouse Compact has wider buttons, much more comfortable when you put your fingers on them. There's a name at the bottom of the mouse "SpaceMouse Compact".
Dreamer2021

Re: How to tell the difference between the Spacemouse Navigator and Compact?

Post by Dreamer2021 »

Thank you. Looks like I've got the SpaceNavigator. For others in my situation, just look at the bottom. If it says Compact anywhere you know what you have. If it just says 3DCONNEXION you probably have the SpaceNavigator. Also they seem to be slightly different in dimensions.

I loaded 3DxWare, plugged in the Navigator and immediately my Kensington Trackball stopped working. The light went off. I had it plugged into a hub with my keyboard and a webcam and I had neglected to use the power adapter as I hadn't needed it before. But when I used the power adapter for the hub all was well.

When I bring up "About" it says:
3DxWare: 10.6.4
3DxWinCore: 17.6.4.16911

It says the new software is 10.7.4. That means this driver doesn't know that I use Win7 because that isn't compatible with Win7.
Under Devices it says SpaceNavigator (FW: 4.04).