3Dconnexion Unreal 4.27 error in Cinematics projects

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

AngelSing

3Dconnexion Unreal 4.27 error in Cinematics projects

Post by AngelSing »

The 3dconnexion mause does not work when a Cinematics project is selected, for game projects it works fine but for cinematics or film projects it generates this error. I have the SpaceMouse Pro, someone knows why this happens, thanks

LoginId:06317764482092d4363971a8f6f3b4d4
EpicAccountId:70d2b0b3bda14c108443491a5c203cd7

Assertion failed: false [File:C:/Users/jenkins/Desktop/home/workspace/3DxUnreal-trunk/build/staging/4.27/3Dconnexion/TDxUnrealEditor/HostProject/Plugins/TDxUnrealEditor/Source/TDxUnrealEditor/Private/TDxUnrealDevice.cpp] [Line: 401]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_TDxUnrealEditor
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
TDxNavLib
atlthunk
user32
user32
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll
peterbowenpm

Re: 3Dconnexion Unreal 4.27 error in Cinematics projects

Post by peterbowenpm »

I reported this error on another post.

I have now gone through the Unreal new project categories to start a new project, and it is only the Film, Television & Live Events category that Unreal crashes in 4.26.2, 4.27 and 5.00 EA2.

Unfortunately this is the category I normally use to start a project.

Thanks for pointing this out.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi AngelSing,
AngelSing wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:15 pm The 3dconnexion mause does not work when a Cinematics project is selected, for game projects it works fine but for cinematics or film projects it generates this error.
I think you have just provided the missing link: a Cinematics project. We have reports of crashes but we couldn't see them in-house.
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

FYI. We're tracking the crash issue with reference WIN-933.

The crash is trivially fixed (it's an assertion that we can change) but 3D mouse support in Cinematric viewport clients (Film project) is not available.

The fix for the crash is expected to be included in the next update of 3DxWare 10.
AngelSing

Post by AngelSing »

ngomes wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:56 pm FYI. We're tracking the crash issue with reference WIN-933.

The crash is trivially fixed (it's an assertion that we can change) but 3D mouse support in Cinematric viewport clients (Film project) is not available.

The fix for the crash is expected to be included in the next update of 3DxWare 10.
Thank you very much for answering, I hope you can solve this problem, then until the next update. Thank you
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The fix for the crash issue is confirmed but there is no support for 3D mouse navigation in "Film" (Cinematics) projects.
AngelSing

Post by AngelSing »

ngomes wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:07 am The fix for the crash issue is confirmed but there is no support for 3D mouse navigation in "Film" (Cinematics) projects.
I understand, then we have to wait for the next update of 3DxWare, thank you very much for the help.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi AngelSing,
AngelSing wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 am I understand, then we have to wait for the next update of 3DxWare, thank you very much for the help.
We have a solution for the crash but note that 3D mouse support in "Film" projects isn't available. In other words, we do not have a solution to enable 3D mouse support in "Film" (or Cinematics) projects.

I have notified my colleagues of the problem with the e-mail.
peterbowenpm

Post by peterbowenpm »

If you want you can role back to driver 10.7.4 which I had working in Unreal 4.26 with "Film, Television & Live Event" projects. In fact all drivers since 10.7.1 worked with all type of template projects. Hope this is fixed with next driver released.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

peterbowenpm wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:23 am In fact all drivers since 10.7.1 worked with all type of template projects.
Can you please confirm this information? Our testing and own experience differs from what you're stating.

From what we can see, the plugin would cause the application to crash in any "Film" project. Is this not so?

The previous software version, 10.7.4, can be downloaded from the "archive" here.
peterbowenpm

Post by peterbowenpm »

Hello
ngomes wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:10 am Hi AngelSing,
AngelSing wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 am I understand, then we have to wait for the next update of 3DxWare, thank you very much for the help.
We have a solution for the crash but note that 3D mouse support in "Film" projects isn't available. In other words, we do not have a solution to enable 3D mouse support in "Film" (or Cinematics) projects.

I have notified my colleagues of the problem with the e-mail.
Just installed 10.8.3 driver and can report that new Unreal 4.27.1 projects, using the 'Film, Television, and Live Event' new project category, still crash with the same error.
Assume the 'solution' quoted above was not implemented in this new driver.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

peterbowenpm wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:47 am Just installed 10.8.3 driver and can report that new Unreal 4.27.1 projects, using the 'Film, Television, and Live Event' new project category, still crash with the same error.
Assume the 'solution' quoted above was not implemented in this new driver.
That's correct: the plugin for Unreal Editor was not updated in v. 10.8.3. We expect the fix for the crash to be included in the following update.
ecsedya

Post by ecsedya »

Hi All!

Sooo, the recent 10.8.4 update did contain a new version of the Unreal plugin. V1.1.2 !

It does not crash Unreal 4.27.2 (or UE5ER2). But it does not work in a Cinematic project either...

The 3dxware software is aware of Unreal and it is showing the Unreal-specific settings, but Unreal is not doing anything when using the Spacemouse (Compact)...

Maybe Mr. Jenkins has an idea what we are doing wrong here? :D

Thanks
Áron
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

ecsedya wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:55 am It does not crash Unreal 4.27.2 (or UE5ER2). But it does not work in a Cinematic project either...
No, it does not work in "Film, Television, ..." projects. See here.
dreisner

Post by dreisner »

Hello! Just wanted to check in on this. When can we expect next update to include 3DConnexion functionality for Cinematic projects? do we think a week, a month, (gasp) a year? haha