Windows 11 driver?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

martin.zeug

Re: Windows 11 driver?

Post by martin.zeug »

I had the driver crashing problem on Windows 11 too. But I could solve it by complete remove everything from 3Dconnexion (voidtools.com everything search (Search for 3dconn) helped me) than reboot and reinstall the latest version.

Greetings,
Martin
jalneal

Post by jalneal »

Yeah, I agree its weird that it shows the receiver at all, considering none of the devices show connected to it. I unplug, plug in again and poof, all devices instantly show again. Very frustrating -definitely something to do with a standby mode, but it doesn't do this with my wacom or logitech dongles.
luping

Post by luping »

Windows 11 OS is not yet supported by 3Dconnexion. On the driver download page, the supported OS: windows 8.1 and 10.
jalneal

Post by jalneal »

Ok, so I'm still having to unplug and replug the receiver every time I come out of standby mode, but I had my computer on PC speaker last few days and I realized something else going on. When the dongle is plugged in and its in standby mode, it CONSTANTLY is disconnecting and reconnecting - like every 15 seconds or so. Something about it doesn't like to play with the standby mode, but I'm not sure if this is a windows 11 issue or the low power S0 standby mode that is causing the issue since its on a laptop I purchased (both new features for me). All other accessories are working and ones that need power still have power when in S0 (such as my benQ light bar) My logitech dongle for my keyboard stays active as well, but because of this issue I can only wake it with the keyboard, the 3dconnexion devices stop working. Pull up properties on wakeup and it only sees the dongle. unplug and replug the receiver and all the devices instantly come back showing all my proper preferences. A doable workaround, but a bit annoying I have to unplug all the time when in sleep mode.
kittinzaa

Post by kittinzaa »

So when windows 11 supported driver will come out??
luping

Post by luping »

kittinzaa wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:40 am So when windows 11 supported driver will come out??
When 3Dconnexion's big corporate customers like BMW group, GM, Audi, Benz, Liebherr, Miele, thyssenkrupp decide to upgrade the whole corporate IT infrastructure based on Windows 10 to Windows 11, which is a huge hardware upgrade and software licence cost.
kslifter

Post by kslifter »

So it's been a year since the last post, I'm assuming there hasn't been any updates that anyone is aware of for Windows 11?
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Working okay for me in Win11