New Windows PC, Can't Get SpaceMouse to Work in PrusaSlicer, OpenSCAD

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

LKM

New Windows PC, Can't Get SpaceMouse to Work in PrusaSlicer, OpenSCAD

Post by LKM »

I just migrated to a new PC, and after installing everything, I can't get my SpaceMouse to work in OpenSCAD and PrusaSlicer. It does work correctly in 3Dconnexion Home's Demo, in Meshmixer, and in Blender, though.
  • In OpenSCAD, I can tilt the spacemouse forwards and back, and it zooms (but in a jerky fashion, as if it was responding to keyboard input), but nothing else works
  • In PrusaSlicer, tilting forwards and backwards rotates the scene around the camera's x-axis (so different behavior from OpenSCAD), but again, nothing else works
In my old computer, both of these apps just worked with the SpaceMouse, no configuration needed. I tried enabling all of the Navigation seetings in 3Dconnexion Home's settings for both PrusaSlicer and OpenSCAD, but that didn't help. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 3Dconnexion drivers, again, no dice. I tried enabling support or legacy 3Dconnexion devices in PrusaSlicer, didn't help.

Anything else I can try?
LKM

Re: New Windows PC, Can't Get SpaceMouse to Work in PrusaSlicer, OpenSCAD

Post by LKM »

If I turn off 3DxWare by running the "Stop 3DxWare" app, the SpaceMouse now works in Prusa Slicer, but still doesn't work in OpenSCAD (even though OpenSCAD's documentation says it should). More to the point though, if I launch Meshmixer, that automatically starts 3Dconnexion Home, at which point the mouse no longer works in Prusa Slicer. The weird thing is that this all used to work seamlessly on my old machine, but I have no idea what I did to get it to work.
LKM

Re: New Windows PC, Can't Get SpaceMouse to Work in PrusaSlicer, OpenSCAD

Post by LKM »

I managed to get the SpaceMouse to work in OpenSCAD now. The problem was that I downloaded a snapshot of OpenSCAD that had HIDAPI disabled during compilation. Downloading the official release and turning on HIDAPI fixed it.