Multiple setups using same 3dxware and receiver?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Orchards92@gmail.com

Multiple setups using same 3dxware and receiver?

Post by Orchards92@gmail.com »

So i have been using the Space mouse wireless and Cad mouse for over a year now and absolutely love them, recently I just got the new 3dconnexion keyboard as well and I'm already hooked on it, which bring up a question.

I work with Revit as a detailer for a sub contractor and typically work from multiple areas, from the office, to on site, to working from home. Typically I would just always carry everything with me all the time. But after getting the keyboard all set up id really like to have when I'm working from home as well but I don't want to be carry a keyboard around with me everyday. So if i bought a complete second setup to simply leave at home, will the 3DxWare be able to handle this? Would they just act as complete separate device and only the ones in range or plugged in would work.

Also would the same receiver be able to be used? I guessing I would need to pair the new mouse with my existing receiver but then would that over write my other mouse?

Just curious if anyone had done anything like this before.
luping

Re: Multiple setups using same 3dxware and receiver?

Post by luping »

For example, if you have two SpaceMouse Wireless, you have to pair the two devices to the same 3Dconnexion Universal Receiver. And you have to sync the 3DxWare settings periodically(Export Settings, Import Settings).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Orchards92@gmail.com wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:01 pm So if i bought a complete second setup to simply leave at home, will the 3DxWare be able to handle this?
What do you mean by "second setup"? Is just a new set of input device (CadMouse, SpaceMouse) or a second computer?
Nuno Gomes
Orchards92@gmail.com

So I carry my laptop from the office to a job site and to my home, so I work in 3 different areas and I always carry my 3d mouse and CAD mouse with me. Now that I have the keyboard at the office I would like to buy a 2nd keyboard and keep it at home so when I work there I have all my short cut keys that I set up but with out actually carrying the keyboard around with me.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Orchards92@gmail.com wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:11 am So I carry my laptop from the office to a job site and to my home, so I work in 3 different areas and I always carry my 3d mouse and CAD mouse with me. Now that I have the keyboard at the office I would like to buy a 2nd keyboard and keep it at home so when I work there I have all my short cut keys that I set up but with out actually carrying the keyboard around with me.
So, it's one computer. In that case, the driver will reuse the same settings for both keyboards. The driver settings are saved per device type.
Orchards92@gmail.com

Perfect that's exactly what I wanted!

Thanks