A faulure has accured during 3DxWare installation

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

XOPEK

A faulure has accured during 3DxWare installation

Post by XOPEK »

Hi ! Ive got anexpected problem during installation of 3DxWare. Ive ordered my space mouse compact & for not losing my time download& install drivers on it on WIN10 x64 . Then i got mice & saw that i must plug in it & only after that install software. Ok i uninstall software , plug in mouse & start installing software again , but ... "A faulure has accured" message appeares & drivers not installe any more. Even i unplug it and try to install without it didnt give positive result - again i see that message. I try regedit, but didnt find any info in registry after uninstall... Can anuone help me with resolving that problem ?
XOPEK

Re: A faulure has accured during 3DxWare installation

Post by XOPEK »

After trying to install oldest version of drivers: ERROR 1603 appears ! Whats that !? Its terrible problem on a "flat surface" !!! Administrator of our net read here on forum some time ago was man with such problem & the result was reinstalling Windows !!! What the HELL !? Its a shame for soft programmers of 3dconnexion that such problem happend during installation of product (its first impressions on product ) & most- they didnt resolve that problem for too long !!!
XOPEK

Post by XOPEK »

Error 1603 appears during attempt of old drivers installation
luping

Post by luping »

Right click the installer and click 'Run as administrator'.
XOPEK

Post by XOPEK »

No , run as admin is obvious decision it was used at one of the first resolve attemptes. The final solution that worked was point system recovery. The 3dconnexion technical support service is useless , dismiss them . Thats it !
luping

Post by luping »

XOPEK wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:02 am No , run as admin is obvious decision it was used at one of the first resolve attemptes. The final solution that worked was point system recovery. The 3dconnexion technical support service is useless , dismiss them . Thats it !
This 'ERROR 1603' error is related to Windows Installer service permission under right-limited operating system account, restore the system to its original state can help to reset the the permission setting.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

luping wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:11 am This 'ERROR 1603' error is related to Windows Installer service permission under right-limited operating system account
Not necessarily. Error 1603 is the code for ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE and just means there was an unexpected error.

The installer produces a set of log files (under the %TEMP% directory). Our technical support team would have asked for those files for analysis.
Nuno Gomes
luping

Post by luping »

ngomes wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 am
luping wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:11 am This 'ERROR 1603' error is related to Windows Installer service permission under right-limited operating system account
Not necessarily. Error 1603 is the code for ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE and just means there was an unexpected error.

The installer produces a set of log files (under the %TEMP% directory). Our technical support team would have asked for those files for analysis.
Well, I did solve this problem by restoring Windows 10 operating system to its original installation image when I was installing a modeling application.
NEM

Post by NEM »

ngomes wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 am

I cannot install 10.8.7 Always an UNEXPECTED ERROR> It will not install. and THERE ARE NO PREVIOUS INSTALLATIONS.

HELP
luping

Post by luping »

If your current 3DxWare is not uninstalled, uninstall it, reboot your PC, then try to install 3DxWare v10.8.7 from root directory of your logic disk, i.e. disk D. Make sure to use the right click 'Run as Administrator' command to deploy/install the driver.