New default button profiles

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

grimlock

New default button profiles

Post by grimlock »

The Enterprise model that the company just got me is a real step up from the old Compact I found in a salvage pile, ten years ago. I'm finding the added buttons much more useful in non-CAD applications, and I'm developing some general trends. I like to set V1 as INCREASE SPEED, and V2 as DECREASE. I like to have PageUp, PageDown as LCD buttons 1 and 7, Home and End as 2 and 8. A few other things like that.

The software seems to use a default button setup for programs that it doesn't recognize. Is there a way I can edit that default to match what I generally want in a non-3d program?
jwick

Re: New default button profiles

Post by jwick »

That's a good suggestion.

There is no GUI support for it but you can do it by editing XML files.

In general, as soon as you make some change to a configuration using the GUI, those changes are now tied to the application that was in focus. Some applications, like Explorer, are used so often, making changes there will be used quite often.

There is also the cfg for the Window's background. Anytime you click on the background, a specific cfg is used (it says "Desktop" on the LCD). Often times, that is a sufficient way to quickly get to a consistent set of button assignments.