Spacepilot Fusion 360 problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tomtom

Spacepilot Fusion 360 problem

Post by Tomtom »

I have an old spacepilot, (the square one) (not pro)

I run Windows 10 pro
3DXWare 10.4.10
Fusion 360 (Education licence)

Only the button functions works in the program, none of the joystick functions.
Joystick works fine in the 3Dconnexion demo.
I've read through this and other forums and tried different solutions, none successful.

The spacepilot was working flawlwessly half a year ago, but havent used it or fusion from then till now.
Anybody has any insight to share.
Thanks, Tom
luddington@gmail.com

Re: Spacepilot Fusion 360 problem

Post by luddington@gmail.com »

Autodesk have updated Fusion 360 and SpacePilot now longer works for zoom, pan, rotate or spin.

They have moved to V4 of the interface with the driver and 3Dconnexion driver V10.4.10 no longer works.

This is extremely annoying, as the SpacePilot is so well built that it will work for many more years to come.

:cry:
dammachines

Post by dammachines »

I've been told that a Fusion update should be coming to address this.
kdk_warhead

Post by kdk_warhead »

I have an old space pilot at home that worked fine until the switch to SD4.
Starting to get used to not using a spacepliot. Maybe I don’t really need on in the end.
_522_

Post by _522_ »

Maybe there is a genius, who can describe how we can edit the actual driver to use it with the old SpacePilot... Of course without officially guaranty.

Then.. its a driver problem. My SpacePilot works really fine with all the testsoftware installed with the 10.4.10 driver. So why I should throw away hardware, which works fine?

I'm hoping for a edited driver.. Unfortunately writing software (especially drivers) is not my best skill...
d3m0

Post by d3m0 »

Hi there, I'm in the same boat.... got an used spacepilot very cheap and works fine with fusion, then I installed Inventor 2021 (works good) and when I get back to fusion didn't work. This gives me crazy because it's a bug in drivers and shows "Inventor" text at lcd screen. I thought it was a conflict and there is indeed a problem: https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic.php?t=39049 but after trying all of this post spacepilot didn't work unless buttons. Then I read this post and realized the lack of support.....

What a time waste....

Pd. I have a very old spacenavigator that works great in fusion360 by the time I write this (19-05-2022)
Didn't know this attitude from 3dconnexion for leaving support for a very good (and not cheap) hardware that still is usable.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Autodesk has added support in Fusion 360 for old and recent drivers. See here.
Nuno Gomes
d3m0

Post by d3m0 »

Great, Thanks!