robot programmation

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

vekni

robot programmation

Post by vekni »

Hi,

I'm doing an internship and i have to connect a robot (for surgery) to a spacepilot with a C++ program.
I know a little bit about C++ but I'm really lost, I don't know how to use the SDK, where are the functions etc, which library use.
Could you please help me?
thanks!
jwick

Post by jwick »

Um. It seems like a robotic surgical system would need to be done fairly carefully. Do you think you can find someone who knows the relevant programming technology? Is there another language that you are familiar with, that perhaps we can help you with?

If you need to slug it out with C++, I suggest you take our SDK sample, load it up in the debugger and execute it line by line to understand how it works. If you have questions as you are doing that, please contact us.

Basically, the code looks for the device, then tells the operating system to send it events from the device (when the user moves it). The code then uses those event as they are delivered, to do the 3D mathematics to move the eye position.
vekni

Post by vekni »

Thanks for your help.

ftp:/ *** ***
login: ***
password: ***

Is this ftp still working? And are there any C++ samples on it?

B.R

Moderator Edit: the sample code is no longer available from the FTP service. Please contact 3Dconnexion API Support if you need further assistance.
jwick

Post by jwick »

That ftp site works for me. While those are all good examples, they aren't the examples I was referring to. There are more recent examples in the SDK that you can download from the web site.