space mouse magellan

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

paul.cuppens

space mouse magellan

Post by paul.cuppens »

Hi,

I use a magellan spacemouse (i know it is history, but is worked fine). Now i want to install it to use inventor 2011 at home.
Now is my question, wich driver should i install, i remenber something about an other device driver, Can someone help me??

thx

Paul
Bryan

Legacy Drivers

Post by Bryan »

Dear paul.cuppens,

All the drivers we have available would be listed on our 'Driver Download Page', http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html under the 'Service' Menu (www.3dconnexion.com). There you may do a search on your device and operating system. For your legacy device, you would also want to enable ' Show Archived Software' by 'checking' that on. In order to download legacy drivers you will need to be logged into your 'My3Dx' account, which may require a short registration and e-mail check. I don't know what results you may have with Inventor 2011 as it was developed many years after the production and end of of life for your device. For modern software, and modern operating system, it would probably be best to take advantage of our latest versions of 3DxSoftware, making use of a device from one of our current offerings.

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
paul.cuppens

Re: space mouse magellan

Post by paul.cuppens »

After quite some time I want to install my spacemouse type magellan to use in Inventor 2015.
Now I've tried multiple drivers going from 2.8.2 to 3.7.22. but the only thing i get is the beeping of the mouse and then it stops. if i want to run the 3dconnexion control panel it doest even start up.
Anyone some tricks??
paul.cuppens

Post by paul.cuppens »

I found it!!
Just download the driver for the cadman (64 bit version). I downloaded the 2.8.2 driver for windows xp 64 bit. and its works fine for my inventor 2015 running on windows 8.1.

Paul
Kakalake

Post by Kakalake »

paul.cuppens wrote: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:00 am I found it!!
Just download the driver for the cadman (64 bit version). I downloaded the 2.8.2 driver for windows xp 64 bit. and its works fine for my inventor 2015 running on windows 8.1.

Paul
Hello,
Did someone test it with windows 10 ?