Spacepilot Pro Spinning Like Crazy

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

LordFly

Spacepilot Pro Spinning Like Crazy

Post by LordFly »

Hello everyone,

I previously had a Spacepilot and it was fantastic, hardly a problem with it ever. But it was getting a little dated, so I upgraded (slightly) to a Spacepilot Pro. It's great, but at the same time, completely unusable. I'm not sure if this a hardware/firmware/software/etc., but something is wrong. If I very lightly move in any direction, things are ok. But the second I move at more than about 5%, my SolidWorks models just go spinning rapidly off in some random direction. Have tested a few things and it' s not a SolidWorks problem, does the same in other programs.

I've searched around and no one seems to have a similar problem, but maybe someone here has experienced it, and hopefully has a solution. Thanks!
ngomes

Re: Spacepilot Pro Spinning Like Crazy

Post by ngomes »

You have done this already but do check where the speed slider is in the "3Dconnexion Settings" driver panel when SOLIDWORKS is running (you will see the application name on the driver panel). If it's in the middle, check the "Advanced Settings" panel and confirm the individual axis are all good.

If none of that helps, have a word with our Technical Support (contact details here).
Nuno Gomes
LordFly

Re: Spacepilot Pro Spinning Like Crazy

Post by LordFly »

Thanks for the reply ngomes, but unfortunately it is not that. Everything there is as it should be. And as I mentioned before, this problem happens outside of solidworks. Even just something like using it to scroll this forum page, it will get "stuck" scrolling down and I'll have to jiggle it around a bunch of times before it will go back to a neutral position. I will take your advise and see if tech support can help. Thanks!