NX Versions quit working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jalcad

NX Versions quit working

Post by jalcad »

Wondering how do I get the Spacemouse Enterprise to work with ALL of the NX versions I have to use. It seems like with the last version (1953) I had to install, the other versions of NX that I have on the system no longer will utilize the buttons I have mapped to NX. This is not only the 12 at the top but ALL of the buttons. They still work in 1953 but refuse to work in the 1919 & NX12 versions I have installed. Is there something within NX that disabled the SE or something in the 3D Connect software. I'm running 10.8.4 of the 3DxWare software.
luping

Re: NX Versions quit working

Post by luping »

How can you able to afford multiple NX licences? Each major NX release requires new licence fee, NX 12 CAD module costs more than 30,000 USD per licence , the latest NX CR(continues release) costs even more...
jalcad

Post by jalcad »

I have several versions on one system. If they're on one system one license will serve multiple versions without any problems.
luping

Post by luping »

NX 1953 is a milestone release, and NX 1919 is not a milestone release, NX 1919 belongs to milestone release 1899. In order to get the 3DxWare for NX menus to works, you have to install NX 1899 instead of NX 1919.
For NX 12, may be only the initials official release of NX 12.0 is supported by 3DxWare v10.8.4.

Go to C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX\ugii_dir get more information about 3DxWare plugins for NX major or CR milestone version number.

An easy way to better support each NX installation on your workstation is to copy the 3DxWare for NX plugin for each release to the respective UGALLIANCE vendor folder, e.g. copy all folders in C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX\ugii_dir\v1953
to
C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX ****\UGALLIANCE\vendor
Version number should be exactly matched for official initial release of each NX.
luping

Post by luping »

Typo error, it's 'to work', not 'to works'.
luping

Post by luping »

'initial official'>> 'initials official'.
jalcad

Post by jalcad »

luping wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:13 am NX 1953 is a milestone release, and NX 1919 is not a milestone release, NX 1919 belongs to milestone release 1899. In order to get the 3DxWare for NX menus to works, you have to install NX 1899 instead of NX 1919.
I did manage to figure out what the issue was. I had set NX to run as an administrator & that seems to be what messed things up. I turned that off & now I'm able to use the Spacemouse with all the buttons. And I absolutely hate the new "version numbering" system that NX has decided to go to. Now it's even more confusing to figure out what version you're on than it is to use.