Spacemouse Stops Working in Revit after Inactivity

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

odaku

Spacemouse Stops Working in Revit after Inactivity

Post by odaku »

Hi:

Recently, I purchased Spacemouse Wireless and I have been using it with several 3D software including Revit, Modo, Twinmotion, Sketchup, UE etc. I have been very happy with it. However, I have one annoying issue with Revit only. When I stop using Revit for few minutes, Spacemouse stops working when I come back to Revit. At the same time, it works fine with other software. I have to restart Revit to activate it again. It is very annoying if I am working with large models, saving and reopening them takes a long time. I tried both wired and wireless connection with the same issue.

Please let me know how I can resolve this. I have gone completely "mouse-less" for ergonomics sake and now I have to always keep mouse handy next to me.

Thanks!
odaku

Re: Spacemouse Stops Working in Revit after Inactivity

Post by odaku »

Just to add to my post above, it's not just happening only if I don't use Revit for few minutes but also at random times it stops working while I am using Revit. It works fine with other programs at the same time.

Thanks!
prefabbim

Post by prefabbim »

I have similar issues.

Mouse arbitrarily works in Revit whenever it wants.

Usually the moment I need it to pan through a ceiling plan, it's not working.

Too much graphics on the screen? Won't work/really laggy.

Most of the time the mouse doesn't work in Revit but many years ago it was consistently responsive.
luping

Post by luping »

Your Revit software version? Your 3DxWare driver version?
odaku

Post by odaku »

Revit 2022, the latest update
3DxWare 10.8.4, the latest

I have this issue with two different computers, both running Windows 10.

Thanks!
odaku

Post by odaku »

Also to add, it is also happening randomly at times even when I am using Revit continuously.
odaku

Post by odaku »

One more thing to add if it helps. While the 3D navigation stops working in Revit like I mentioned above, the Hotkey buttons and the commands work. I don't loose it.

Thanks!
jwick

Post by jwick »

Do you have any other Revit addins installed? E.g., Enscape?
odaku

Post by odaku »

I have the same issue with two separate computers and they don't have same plugins installed. One has Twinmotion and the other has Diroots. I don't have Enscape installed.
uncmempm

Post by uncmempm »

I have the same issue in Revit 2021 (21.1.70.21) and 3DxWare 10.8.8.3488

Is there resolution for this?
Paul Burkhart

Post by Paul Burkhart »

I hope someone finds a resolution for this issue. It has been an issue for me for a number of years using Revit and the space mouse. Specifically, the issue is that the space mouse navigation rotation setting unchecks itself, randomly as far as I can tell. It will most often appear after a period of no use (1/2 hour or more) but also appears while using Revit and Enscape. Rechecking the rotation setting does not work once this issue has come up. The rotation check box will uncheck when leaving the settings menu. The issue does not occur in Enscape, even when the issue is present in Revit. It was an issue for me in Revit 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and in 2023. The only fix I have found is to exit Revit and reopen. The issue will then be dormant for 1-4 hours, and then reappear.
jwick

Post by jwick »

There has been some work on this. It will require a very recent version of 3DxWare and Enscape.
dobrik007

Post by dobrik007 »

It doesn't work correctly in REVIT. It is constantly disconnected. Navigation in the 3d model is incorrect, constantly flies out of sight. The slightest click and the model flew out of sight. Unfortunately, it is not possible to work. Version 10.8.3488. Please fix it! All familiar users have such problems.
burggraben

Post by burggraben »

jwick wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:10 am There has been some work on this. It will require a very recent version of 3DxWare and Enscape.
Can you elaborate on that? What was fixed? Which verisions of Enscape?
burggraben

Post by burggraben »

dobrik007 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:44 pm It doesn't work correctly in REVIT. It is constantly disconnected. Navigation in the 3d model is incorrect, constantly flies out of sight. The slightest click and the model flew out of sight. Unfortunately, it is not possible to work. Version 10.8.3488. Please fix it! All familiar users have such problems.
There are two different problems:
- disconnects
- the model flying out of sight

I have a workaround for the second that may help you. I found out that view can get "corrupted" and then the model flies out of sight. These model get that way when you open then in Enscape for visualisaton (and sometimes also randomly). I still had some model which worked fine. I created copies of those and named them to never open them in Enscape. So I have a set of 3D view for Rebit and a set for Enscape.