CAD spins wrong

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gmatelich

CAD spins wrong

Post by gmatelich »

I've been having problems with some software not spinning correct, recently I've struggled with Chitubox and with Gom Inspect.

These two functions are swapped - when I tilt left on the SpaceMouse I get spin on the screen, when I spin I get rotate.
2021-12-17 18_10_50-GomSpaceMouseSpin.png
2021-12-17 18_10_50-GomSpaceMouseSpin.png (22.28 KiB) Viewed 9093 times
Are there any suggestions that I can try on my end, or does this need to be corrected by various developers?
jwick

Re: CAD spins wrong

Post by jwick »

This is the implementation of changing the zoom direction. It is as if your screen is the surface of your desk. This is done when you tick the RadioButton to the left.

If you don't like that, and just want to change the zoom direction but not also change the rotation directions, you can edit your GOM cfg file (in %appdata%/3Dconnexion/3DxWare/Cfg/<probably GOM something>.xml).

Find the Axis elements with:
<Axis>
<Input>
<ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Ry</ActionID>
and
<ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rz</ActionID>
and delete both entire Axis elements (everything between, and including, <Axis>...</Axis>).

If you click on the Zoom Direction RadioButton again, it will recreate these.
gmatelich

Post by gmatelich »

I think you may have misread my issue. I understand the zoom direction selection, this is the way I've used it for many years. I don't have this trouble with Creo Elements Direct (CoCreate), Creo, Solidworks, NX, or 3Dconnexion Viewer (among many others) - they all work as expected. But GOM and Chitubox don't rotate correctly.
jwick

Post by jwick »

PM your GOM and Chitubox user cfg files to me.
jwick

Post by jwick »

From your files, these two applications do not support the 3D mouse.

I see on one of their forums that CHITUBOX was thinking about it and testing it. I have no idea if they released it.
It could be that it is version-specific, there is a patch required or there is a setting that needs to be enabled.
If you can find such a change, delete your user cfg files before trying it.