Help! No function after re-installing driver

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Peter_W

Post by Peter_W »

Because of delaytime in ProE while swtiching the windows I tried to install an older driver. (version 2.1.2) But... this version is not suitable for ProE.

After removal from that driver, I installed the 3.1.3 beta-driver. This one did not worked, so I removed it, and installed driver 3.0.9.

After installing the new drivers I cannot use the device. It recognises that I am working in ProE (showing on the spacepilot-display) but only the Esc, shift, Ctrl and Alt key is working.

(Strange thing: I removed all drivers and software, but still the display shows the buttons I have programmed before removing all drivers.)

What can I do to get it working again?
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Peter_W

Please remove all 3DxSoftware with the ARP (Add/Remove Programs) and install the 3DxSoftware v3-0-9 again.

I would like to ask to post your findings afterwards.
jwick

Post by jwick »

It sounds like you might have user config files left over from when you installed one of the old versions. If this release was from before your device existed, the files won't have sections in them for your new device--they may not work. Go to %appdata%\3Dconnexion\3dxware\profiles and delete all your user*.scg files.

These files are left on your system after you uninstall/reinstall/etc 3DxSoftware.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
Peter_W

Removing and re-installing no effect. CD restriction window?

Post by Peter_W »

Removing and re-installing don not have an affect. The spacepilot is still not working. (only the esc, ctrl, alt and shift keys are working) Its not only in ProE, all so the 3dconnexion demo's are not working with the sp.

Each time i start up a demo, i get an window called "3dconnexion evaluation CD-restriction" see also:

http://www.esnips.com/fm/a3fb9485-d2d1- ... &source=ws

Strange things:
1) If i hit the OK-button, windows closes but opens again, so it wont go away. I can only hit the button "Dont show this dialog again"
2) I cannot find the "3dconnexion getting started" program on my computer, mentioned in the dialog.
3) if i closes the puzzle demo, it remains active on the spacepilot display
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Peter_W

the software you installed is an evaluation version.

You have to:

1) Uninstall all 3Dconnexion software;
2) Reboot (not really necessary but ensures that all applications are closed);
3) First install release v. 2.8.2 and only then upgrade to release 3.0 or higher.

Please post the result here.