Bug in Decentraland and other Unity based metaverse projects

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mouseDude3D1993

Bug in Decentraland and other Unity based metaverse projects

Post by mouseDude3D1993 »

Hello, I have a weird problem where I go onto web-based 3D projects like mona.gallery and decentraland with my wireless spacemouse installed (I keep it wired) and it causes my character to automatically walk backwards after I do this one thing.

Bug if you want to recreate it:
1. Go https://www.mona.gallery/spaces/8k8r5QtvtBZi for example
2. Wait for the 3D metaverse to load
3. Walk around a bit to test using WASD
4. Once that works, switch to any other software window, and then switch back (I do it with ALT + TAB)
5. If you have my bug, your viewport (the POV of the character) should start automatically running in backward-like direction with you fighting to get it to walk straight. Even if you refresh, the character will load walking backward from now on until maybe a system restart.

I tried a ton of things first like looking up input control settings for Edge and Chrome specifically, removing software and drivers like Waccom, updating Nvidia drivers, checking Windows native drivers, update firmware of 3D mouse etc.. Finally, I decided to uninstall your software completely and the issue went away.

The problem is that I rely heavily on this controller for Blender and I'm building something for Mona. My workflow: I create in Blender, I export to Unity, I export to Mona to QA test my creation. My only solution is to uninstall / reinstall and that just does not work.

I'm wondering:
1. Do you see the bug too?
2. Is there perhaps some XML config solution for this?
3. Is there perhaps some way to get my 3d mouse to completely ignore Edge and Chrome?

Thanks for your time :shock:
jwick

Re: Bug in Decentraland and other Unity based metaverse projects

Post by jwick »

Apparently there is some support for a joystick in there.

Disable our Joystick emulator in the device manager.
1) Open the devmgr
2) Open the Human Interfaces Device category
3) Find the HID-compliant game controller with Properties->Details->Device Instance Path similar to: HID\3DXKMJ_HIDMINI&COL03\1&4784345&279&0002
4) Right click on that to Disable it (or use the Properties->Driver tab)