SpaceExplorer USB not working for USER

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Homercidal

SpaceExplorer USB not working for USER

Post by Homercidal »

I have a new custom built workstation set up for a user at our company. I logged in as Domain Admin and installed the 3DConnexion software, then found it was not suitable for this legacy product, so I uninstalled and installed an older version that lists as capable.

I can now use the Spacemouse as that Admin, but the USER cannot. I've uninstalled, set the USER as a local Admin, reinstalled, and no luck. I've cleaned out the 3DConnexion folders and registry keys. As of now, I can still use it as the Domain Admin, but not as the Local Admin user.

If I run the Start Driver shortcut, nothing happens. Same with any Demo, etc. Nothing happens in the running processes window. It's just as if the shortcut wasn't clicked.

I tried logging in as the Domain Admin, and then after the drivers was started and working, also logging in as the User. The light remains on, but the Spacemouse doesn't do anything and none of the shortcuts work either.

I'm at a loss.
UtaSH

Re: SpaceExplorer USB not working for USER

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Homercidal,

is the driver running when the user is logged in? No one else should be logged in the machine then. The task manager should show some processes that start with 3Dx ...