spacemouse enterprise - LOT of problems.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

REB

spacemouse enterprise - LOT of problems.

Post by REB »

And so: a couple of months ago I bought this device (before that I had an old version of "space pilot").
1) The new device (spacemouse enterprise) does not work with 3d max 2013. Now I have to use the 2015 version.
2) As in the case of the old device, in 3ds max, slowdown (decrease in the number of frames per second) constantly occurs if there are more than 6k polygons in the scene. Especially when deployed.
I would like to clarify that I have an i7-4790k processor, 32GB of RAM, a 1070 8GB video card and an M2 SSD, this is not a computer that can be experiencing problems.
3) sometimes this device, a little by itself, rotates the viewport, without pressing.
4) I have constant problems with UNWRAP UVW ! If this device is connected to the computer, then the mouse constantly moves objects further than I move them with the mouse (suppose I move the object in the UNWRAP UVW window by 100 pixels, and it moves by 250). The mouse is not to blame. I changed the mouse and it doesn't help. I turned off the device and it helps.
5) the device does not work in Substance Painter! Only zoom works.
6) the device tries to work with programs in which it is not needed. For example, in the game Alien Quest EVE, where the device is not needed, it constantly turns on and moreover, it shifts the screen, without pressing, you constantly have to turn it off in the settings (which the device does not remember)

How to solve all these problems? Help me please.

And now a couple of words for manufacturers:
When I contacted support with an old device, they answered me "this is an old device, we do not provide support, we advise you to buy a new one."
Well, okay, I bought a new device. What changed? I paid $400 for garbage. If a "computer mouse" costs 400 bucks, it should make me sandwiches and **********. But this rubbish does not cope even with the basic functions. Aren't you ashamed of this product!?
If it was a $10 computer mouse, I would say "it's my own fault. I bought Chinese garbage, so it works like Chinese garbage." But I buy a branded device for 400, and it works like Chinese garbage for 10.

Moderator edit (Feb 2, 2022): removed foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
REB

Re: spacemouse enterprise - LOT of problems.

Post by REB »

Has anyone encountered these problems?
Help me please. No hope for official support.
Jorik

Post by Jorik »

Compared to your's I have only small problems with the enterprise. There's supposed to be a driver update this week, let's hope it solves all these problems, and we can concentrate on something else.

-jori
Jorik

Post by Jorik »

The new driver seems to fix everything for me!
REB

Post by REB »

Is the new driver already out and does it fix all these problems?
PLG

Post by PLG »

J'ai également des problèmes suite au téléchargement du dernier pilot sous windows version 10.8.7 pour la SpaceMouse enterprise. Cela lance régulièrement un mode demandant un redémarrage du PC ? ! Quelqu'un à t-il eu ce problème