help my space navigator has a skin disease....... serious!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kuchlog25

Re: help my space navigator has a skin disease....... serious!

Post by kuchlog25 »

I tried to scrape away some of the sticky gooey stuff. Underneath I find the hard plastic slick surface of the main part.
MartinMajewski

Post by MartinMajewski »

Same issue here with my SpaceMouse Pro Wireless. I had it now laying around for two years and never really used it but I wanted to give it a go again... and I found the 3D cap being sticky as hell. Unusable! This is not acceptable but supports my growing dislike for 3dconnexion over the past years. The drivers are bad, Mac support is bad and the build quality is also not the best. I bet I will have to pay myself to get this hardware issue fixed, right? :cry:
MartinMajewski

Post by MartinMajewski »

I used Isopropanol 99,9%, and at least the gum is gone from the cap. The smooth plastic also feels a lot better than this rubber BS.

However, now the pal rest is all gummy and sticky. Unfortunately, it vanished from a few spots but resisted at most of the palm rest. Paying a premium for this seems so wrong.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

I used a standard Silicon Spray on a cloth.

It did not change much at the beginning.
Nut a few months later it is no more )that) sticky but much better !

Just that you can still feel the places wheer rubber already eroded and broke out.
kuchlog25

Post by kuchlog25 »

I used Isopropanol 99,9%, and at least the gum is gone from the cap. The smooth plastic also feels a lot better than this rubber BS.
hellodear.in

teatv.ltd