Unreal Engine 4.27/5 SpaceMouse® Enterprise viewports broken

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tigershark94

Unreal Engine 4.27/5 SpaceMouse® Enterprise viewports broken

Post by tigershark94 »

Hello, So I noticed a bug in Unreal Engine 4.27. It has to do with the viewport in the Blueprint editor & animation editor. It seems to ignore all my settings for rotation.

For UE I have the setting to be object mode:rotation center: Auto:Use selected. navigation: dominant. this works for the main editor it rotates as it should around the selected object. However in the Blueprint editor & animation editor. It seems to ignore my settings for rotation.It does not rotate or frame to the selected object or be in object mode. it flies all over the place and zooms in and out crazy like its in camera mode or helicopter mode.
After some troubleshooting I turned off Use selected.I kept the object mode settings as before :rotation center: Auto:navigation: dominant.
and it fixed the viewport in Blueprint editor & animation editor. The problem is now the main editor wont frame to selection or rotate around the selected object. So it seems that the 3dconnexion plugin is sending different commands to the different viewports. Something related to the use selected checkbox. it fixed one viewport and broke the other viewport.with 1 click it breaks navigation.

I know UE 5 is coming out so a fix for 4.27/ 5 would be of tremendous help I would like the same viewport preferences whether I'm in the main editor or the Blueprint editor & animation editor.
DavidV

Re: Unreal Engine 4.27/5 SpaceMouse® Enterprise viewports broken

Post by DavidV »

Hello,

We would need to reproduce the issue on our end to see what's causing it.
i would suggest emailing our tech support team and giving them such info as your advanced settings in our driver and possibly a video of the issue.

You can contact them here: https://3dconnexion.com/us/support-request/login/
tigershark94

Post by tigershark94 »

greetings, i contacted support and I haven't heard back since may 6. provided logs and videos and even did the registry edits. still having problems. can you help me
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

Hello,

For something like this we would need to go in-depth via email because there would be a lot of troubleshooting and reproducing on our end.

Are you able to tell me the Case number? i can look it up and see why there has not been any contact.
tigershark94

Post by tigershark94 »

greetings David, yes here you go. Re: [CASE:129731] 3dPlugin broken: Rotate around selected object in viewports