Problem with 3D Connexion CadMouse in Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SWUser

Problem with 3D Connexion CadMouse in Solidworks

Post by SWUser »

My problem is I can't rotate in Solidworks with the scroll wheel depressed anymore. It works in Mastercam, but not Solidworks. I have duel monitors, and if I have Solidworks open in a window and right click the other window, and move the curser over to Solidworks it will work as long as I hold down on it. If I let up on it, it no longer works, unless I click in the other window???

Anyone know what might be causing this? I'm using the latest drivers/software. This problem started about 3 years ago.
SWUser

Re: Problem with 3D Connexion CadMouse in Solidworks

Post by SWUser »

Correction to my post. (When I LEFT CLICK in the other window) Another strange thing I just tried. I have both Solidworks 2019 and 2020 installed. I opened 2019 in one window, and 2020 in the other window. The left click "trick" didn't work with that.

Would also like to add, I am using a SpacePilot Pro. Also, if I uncheck the 3D Connexion Add-in for Solidworks, and close, then reopen I get an error message to run Solidworks Rx
luping

Post by luping »

In USA, the starting price of a SOLIDWORKS CAD standard licence is $3995 with an annual maintenance fee of $1295, the prices of different SOLIDWORKS packages' prices in other countries are slightly higher than that in USA, since you stated that you can upgrade to latest version of SOLIDWORKS software application, I naturally assume that you or your employer can afford to invest on software licensing cost, why not invest on a left-hand SpaceMouse 3D navigation device to support fluid 3D spatial rotation?
SWUser

Post by SWUser »

luping wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:19 pm In USA, the starting price of a SOLIDWORKS CAD standard licence is $3995 with an annual maintenance fee of $1295, the prices of different SOLIDWORKS packages' prices in other countries are slightly higher than that in USA, since you stated that you can upgrade to latest version of SOLIDWORKS software application, I naturally assume that you or your employer can afford to invest on software licensing cost, why not invest on a left-hand SpaceMouse 3D navigation device to support fluid 3D spatial rotation?
Where did I say I could upgrade to latest version of Solidworks Software? I meant that I have all the latest drivers for the 3D Connexion devices. And, in my 2nd post said I have a SpacePilot Pro for fluid 3D spatial rotation.

Thanks for your reply. Any more help out there?
luping

Post by luping »

SWUser wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:15 pm
luping wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:19 pm In USA, the starting price of a SOLIDWORKS CAD standard licence is $3995 with an annual maintenance fee of $1295, the prices of different SOLIDWORKS packages' prices in other countries are slightly higher than that in USA, since you stated that you can upgrade to latest version of SOLIDWORKS software application, I naturally assume that you or your employer can afford to invest on software licensing cost, why not invest on a left-hand SpaceMouse 3D navigation device to support fluid 3D spatial rotation?
Where did I say I could upgrade to latest version of Solidworks Software? I meant that I have all the latest drivers for the 3D Connexion devices. And, in my 2nd post said I have a SpacePilot Pro for fluid 3D spatial rotation.

Thanks for your reply. Any more help out there?
I'm using the latest drivers/software.
Your second post appeared later than my reply, may be due to new forum member post reply approval process.
As for your issue regarding rotation with CadMouse in SOLIDWORKS, use SpaceMouse/SpacePilot Pro to rotate the 3D model. The CadMouse is designed to pan/zoom in 2D drawing, 3D model, scroll in office applications like spreadsheet application, word processing application. There's no mention of 3D rotation in the product specification/introduction of CadMouse, the demoed videos of CadMouse only shows pan/zoom in SOLIDWORKS, along with 3D rotation with left-hand SpaceMouse Pro.
luping

Post by luping »

CadMouse intro scroll.jpg
CadMouse intro scroll.jpg (69.43 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
CadMouse intro  zoom.jpg
CadMouse intro zoom.jpg (100.57 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
SWUser

Post by SWUser »

luping,

I would like to thank you for your replies 1st and foremost. But, if this mouse wasn't designed to rotate, why is it FULLY PROGAMABLE?
Screenshot 2022-05-01 131036.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-01 131036.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
You have though reminded me that the mouse has a center button that by default is set to rotate! So, I will use that when my left hand is not using the Space Pilot Pro. :roll:

Good Day to all.