Navigation Mode keeps switching back to Target Camera.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bas

Navigation Mode keeps switching back to Target Camera.

Post by Bas »

Hello,

I just purchased the SpaceMouse Compact and I'm setting it up. I've installed the latest drivers and using Win10.
The problem is the following: whenever I try to select "Camera Mode", the software switches back to "Target Camera Mode". This is happening in the 3DConnexion Viewer and in Fusion 360. In Rhino7, I can select the Camera Mode just fine.

What could be causing this issue? Is it a bug?
ngomes

Re: Navigation Mode keeps switching back to Target Camera.

Post by ngomes »

Bas wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:06 am [...]whenever I try to select "Camera Mode", the software switches back to "Target Camera Mode".[...]

What could be causing this issue? Is it a bug?
Camera Mode is only available if the view is a perspective projection. If the application has a parallel (or orthogonal) projection, then the driver switches the navigation mode to the closest valid mode (target camera).

Try switching the view to perspective projection. Should address the problem you're looking at.
Nuno Gomes
Stigert

Post by Stigert »

Yea this is so annoying. This product keeps getting worse by every single update, and by now it's pretty much useless i 3DS Max. I used to be able to "fly" around with the spacemouse, but that is not possible anymore now what it forces me over to "Target Camera Mode" every 20 secunds, regardless of what I do in the 3D Scene. They show no intentions to ever fix this, for some crazy reason. I'm just waiting for someone else to make a working 3D mouse.
Tino_S

Post by Tino_S »

This annoys me as well, but I found a simple workaround. Set a button's function to "Fly Mode." To do this, Open Settings>Buttons [Choose]>Navigation Modes>Fly Mode. Now, whenever the navigation of your view inevitably switches to "Target Camera Mode," tap that button and keep flying. 8) Hope that helps!