Feature Request: 2D panning Unreal Engine 4 and 5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tigershark94

Feature Request: 2D panning Unreal Engine 4 and 5

Post by tigershark94 »

Greetings, I have a helpful idea for the blueprint editor inside Unreal Engine 4 and 5. It would be so helpful for the 3d mouse to support 2d panning and 2d zooming . maybe click context sensitive . so when you want to interact with 3d model you click on model. when you want to pan or zoom in the blueprint editor you click anywhere in the graph and the 3d mouse switches to 2d panning/zooming. this is helpful for long blueprints with many nodes.

Similar to how you guys did the substance painter 2d panning/zooming feature.(huge time saver ) at this point the 3dmouse is a extension of my hand so its weird when i cant use it. Currently when in  blueprint editor the mouse resorts to 3d mode on objects. i attached a photo see below

I believe this would save people alot of time and not to mention wrist pain because unreal engine relies exclusively on right click drag panning. this gets old and i do not have a mouse, i have a wacom tablet so i rely even more on my 3d mouse to help with my wrist pain. it would speed up workflow so quick! this is why i bought space mouse enterprise because its ergonomic and to improve my speed. its great to see 3dconnexion support unreal engine so a couple of tweaks and it would be a solid experience.  i hope this is taken in consideration, thanks
Attachments
3d-mouse-suggestion-2d-pan-low-res.jpg
3d-mouse-suggestion-2d-pan-low-res.jpg (98.11 KiB) Viewed 4098 times