Minor code error with the 3DConnexion Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Mercuriel

Minor code error with the 3DConnexion Keyboard

Post by Mercuriel »

Hello,

I just received and started to configure the Keyboard pro. Fisrt of all, this product is trully amazing and such a pleasure to use.

I repport one tiny error and have a few little improvement to suggest (software related).

The (really tiny) error : on the numpad, the = and the ] buttons which are linked to the same shortcut when interpreted by sketchup software.
When i try to assign a shortcut to any of those 2 buttons, sketchup assign it to "alt + numpad 1" so i can't assign two different tools to those buttons.
You should replace the sketchup interpretation with "alt + numpad 1.2.3".

The suggestions :

- Add option in the configuration UI allowing to customize the size of the on_screen shortcuts reminder and its buttons (make it more readable, allowing more space for comand titles).

- Make the on_screen shortcuts reminder independant with each software,
to give the ability to hide it only with certains softwares or to assign different places depending of the software used. For example, when i'm using windows explorer, i don't want to see it, but on sketchup i want it on the bottom, with photoshop i prefere it on the top.

- Allow the possibility (directly into the configuration UI, without needing to edit an obscure xml file somewhere) to add a delay between our macro comands. Just add a delay button which add [50ms x button hit] delay in our macro. For example if i want :
ALT + D [then] 150ms_Delay [then] ALT + Enter [then] 100ms_Delay [then] CTRL + V
I would type/click : ALT + D [Click Delay 3 times] ALT + Enter [Click Delay 2 times] CTRL + V
Its simple and user friendly, its very easy and fast to code and add to the UI

- Last Idea, i don't thought about a simple solution for that but it would be cool to have a simple way to add custom icons to our macros, for inspiration you can watch the system offered by loupedeck, its another tool that i use in conjunction with my three 3DConnexion tools, their icon personalization system is quite good.

I hope thise comment will help to improve this already wonderfull tools. Congratulations to the developper and ingeneers team which created those cadmouses, spacemouses and keyboard, they are gamechangers in my 3D design work.

I wish you all a great day, respectfully
Mercuriel

Re: Minor code error with the 3DConnexion Keyboard

Post by Mercuriel »

UP for the "the (really tiny) error" and improvement suggestions.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Mercuriel wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:37 pm The (really tiny) error : on the numpad, the = and the ] buttons which are linked to the same shortcut when interpreted by sketchup software.
When i try to assign a shortcut to any of those 2 buttons, sketchup assign it to "alt + numpad 1" so i can't assign two different tools to those buttons.
You should replace the sketchup interpretation with "alt + numpad 1.2.3".
Sorry for the delay, Mercuriel.

I'm not following. The Numpad Pro buttons "=" (equals sign) and ")" (close parenthesis) are independent of the application. In other words, whatever is mapped to one of those buttons, it is active for any application.

Please share a bit more detail on what shortcuts are you trying to use and what you expect to happen.
Nuno Gomes
Mercuriel

Post by Mercuriel »

Hello Ngomes,

The problem seems to only exist with the 3D software "Sketchup"

In the preferences menu, where i'm assigning shortcuts to functions :

When I use the button = from the numpad, the computer interprete it as ALT+Numpad_1
When I use the button ) from the numpad, the computer also interprete it as ALT+Numpad_1

The = and ) button from the keyboard are correctly interpreted as = and )

I expect and would like that it interprete = as = and ) as )
Or just differents things, not two buttons for the same function.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Mercuriel wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:50 am When I use the button = from the numpad, the computer interprete it as ALT+Numpad_1
When I use the button ) from the numpad, the computer also interprete it as ALT+Numpad_1
And what are these buttons assigned to in "3Dconnexion Properties"?