SpacePilot Pro LCD Driver Error

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dezzy

SpacePilot Pro LCD Driver Error

Post by dezzy »

Hi,

I have not been able to get the Space Pilot Pro LCD to work with driver version 10.6.4 or 10.8.7. I receive the below errors in the windows device manager:
driver.PNG
driver.PNG (17.57 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
driver.PNG
driver.PNG (17.57 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
There is no "check box" in the logitech LCD manager program either, see below, and I am not able to scroll further right to find a check box. It is simply not available in the LCD Manager.
lcd manager.PNG
lcd manager.PNG (41.36 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
This is off of a fresh installation with no prior versions of 3DxWare installed and no prior versions of 3dxhid.inf, 3dxkmj.inf, or LGPBTDD.inf.

Things I have tried:
1. Removing LGPBTDD.inf (listed as oem164.inf in the device manager) and reinitializing the driver with pnputil in an elevated powershell.
2. Uninstalling 10.6.4 and reinstalling 10.6.4.
3. Uninstalling 10.6.4 and installing 10.8.7.

The mouse itself works in the programs I need. The KMJ and HID drivers installed correctly and give no errors. The LCD Manager window opens and gives me a list of applets. The 3Dconnexion software works as expected. The only thing not functioning here is the LCD display on the device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
driver2.PNG
driver2.PNG (23.12 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
Robin1977

Re: SpacePilot Pro LCD Driver Error

Post by Robin1977 »

That's why the Spacepilot Pro is a discontinued model. Since Windows 10 core isolation (HVCI) was introduced and with it some "old" drivers can no longer be loaded.
There is a Workaround, but you have to dicde whats more important for you:
the safety feature of the core isolation or the LCD display.

If you decide - its the display - then you can do the following to get it working:
You do this on your own risk!!!
start "regedit" as admin
point to Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity
Change DWORD-Wert Enabled to "0"
reboot

After reboot Windows Security will warn you "core isolation disabled". Click ignore

Click here for more Information