NX Issues with buttons

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

PALIONKING

NX Issues with buttons

Post by PALIONKING »

I have a SPacemouse Enterprise & am having issues with NX version 1919 and buttons. I have two newer versions of NX on the same system that the programmed buttons function correct. When I start up NX & have a model open, it is showing a button screen called NX DEFAULT. If I switch to the drafting app, the buttons stay on the same page & still dont work. If I try the same thing on the NX 2000 series and NX 2007 they both function properly. I tried to copy the files from the C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX\ugii_dir\v2206 to the C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX1899\UGALLIANCE\vendor and that didn't help. Does anyone have any ideas short of uninstalling & reinstalling things that would get this working. Sure slows things down when you can't use the buttons you're used to using.
luping

Re: NX Issues with buttons

Post by luping »

The NX2206 is previously named NX2061 according to the revision history of the NX Certifications spreadsheet linked below from Siemens website's Hardware and Software Certifications webpage, so the 3DxNX plug-in v2206 is for this upcoming 2206 release(June 2022 milestone release).

Try copying the 3DxNX plug-in v1899 to NX1899\UGALLIANCE\vendor folder. From my previous testing experience, only the initial milestone release of NX 1899 is supported by 3DxWare driver. For compatibility concern, I suspect 3Dconnexion didn't update to the corresponding NX1919 API to let 3DxWare to support NX1919. So if you really want to use 3DxNX with NX, downgrade to the initial milestone release NX1899, or use a newer initial milestone release like NX1926 or NX1953.

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com ... 101751.xls