Importing configuration not saved

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

vaell

Importing configuration not saved

Post by vaell »

I had been having problems for a while now (after an update), I would import my configuration file (for Zbrush) and everything would work fine, but as soon as I reseted the PC and opened the software, all the files would return to default values.

I was coping by reimporting the files over and over, and was getting annoyed, so I formatted my PC.... and the same problem persisted.

I finally figured out that the problem is that the olf configuration file is causing this, if I change the configuration manually and/or create a new configuration file, the problem goes away.

just wanted to leave this here in case someone has the same problem.
tigershark94

Re: Importing configuration not saved

Post by tigershark94 »

i noticed the same so far only in zbrush
jwick

Post by jwick »

I'd like to see those files that are not being imported correctly. Can you PM me a link (or email them)?
It can not import files that are "too old".
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi vaell,

Thanks for sending your files.

They appear to be from before there was official ZBrush support. We incremented the major file version so the settings that corresponded to the release would be used. Incrementing that, tosses old files.

I see there are some faults in the import procedure. It should have rejected those files immediately, not waited until the driver restarted.
It may have written a message in the driver's log, but it is confusing enough that it probably should have also sent you a Notification, so you saw it immediately.

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for posting here so others can see what you found.
vaell

Post by vaell »

Thanks Jwick,

Glad I could help, I have used the enterprise version for a while now and have loved the experience, great work!!

I will definitely post here any other problems I encounter and if I find a way to solve them.

cheers!