CadMouse Pro not showing on 3Dconnexion Properties window

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

NevW

CadMouse Pro not showing on 3Dconnexion Properties window

Post by NevW »

When opening Properties window, I cannot access any configuration options, or even see the CadMouse Pro I have bought.
When I plug in older one (~ 5 or 6 yrs old, which has a increasingly faulty left click button - hence have bought another)
SpaceNavigator & CadMouse Pro are both connected (USB)
Win 7
ngomes

Re: CadMouse Pro not showing on 3Dconnexion Properties window

Post by ngomes »

NevW wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:14 pm SpaceNavigator & CadMouse Pro are both connected (USB)
Win 7
Does this track the new device? In other words, can you see the CadMouse Pro in "3Dconnexion Properties" if you connect the device with the dodgy button?
Nuno Gomes
NevW

Post by NevW »

ngomes wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:15 am
NevW wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:14 pm SpaceNavigator & CadMouse Pro are both connected (USB)
Win 7
Does this track the new device? In other words, can you see the CadMouse Pro in "3Dconnexion Properties" if you connect the device with the dodgy button?
I just checked my old mouse and it is a CadMouse not CadMouse Pro.
I uninstalled software and went to reinstall newer driver I downloaded from 3DConnexion
Well the problem is worse now.
I'm getting message need win 8.1 or higher ?%^&*(^
I dont have any old drivers that I can find on my system.

Now I have 2 expensive 3dconnexion products (Spacemouse Compact (USB) & CadMouse Pro (USB) and I can only see and configure 1

I went to The 3D Con site to archived drivers section -
choose product CadMouse Pro - nothing listed for win7 ???
If I choose CadMouse there are listings for Win7 - so downloaded CadMouse 3DxWare 10 for Windows (64-bit) 10.6.4 & installed...
Spacemouse shows up but no CadMouse Pro - WTF.
I'm not about to throw my CadMousePro in the bin just because 3D Con changed something inside mouse and made sure it it does not work with older versions of windows.
Upgrading windows at this point in time is out of the question.
NevW

Post by NevW »

ngomes wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:15 am
Win 7
Yes I can see the earlier CadMouse when I plug it in but not CadMouse Pro !!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

NevW wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:25 pm Yes I can see the earlier CadMouse when I plug it in but not CadMouse Pro !!
The issue may be simply due to support for the CadMouse Pro being added in a version of 3DxWare 10 released after the termination of Windows 7.

CadMouse Pro support was added in v. 10.7.0 of 3DxWare 10, released in September of 2020 but we stopped testing Windows 7 in February of that same year.

Since you're still using Windows 7, you may want to try returning your CadMouse Pro and see if you can get still get a refund.
FerminSchmitt

Post by FerminSchmitt »

I also have the same error, how to fix it now? blockpost