Unreal plugin - can't compile

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bartbrudz

Unreal plugin - can't compile

Post by bartbrudz »

I have a problem with plugin for Unreal (I'm using version) 5.0.2 . When I have a project wit C++, I need to recompile it to see code changes in the editor. However the plugin throws me errors.

Code: Select all

ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'TDxUnrealEditor' in UE5Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.  This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined 
by Unreal Build Tool.
I've manage to solve this one by coping the TDxUnrealEditor files into the project plugin folder. For w while It helped and I could compile the project.
But after some time I again can't open the editor with the plugin enabled. I'm able to compile is In Visual Studio Code and I get such output

***\Bart_UE_Learning\Plugins\TDxUnrealEditor\Source\TDxUnrealEditor.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory ***\Bart_UE_Learning\Plugins\TDxUnrealEditor\Source\ThirdParty\NavLib\inc' does not exist.
WARNING: Library '***\Bart_UE_Learning\Plugins\TDxUnrealEditor/Source/ThirdParty/NavLib\lib\x64\TDxNavLib.lib' was not resolvable to a file when used in Module 'TDxUnrealEditor', assuming it is a filename and will search library paths for it. This is slow and dependency checking will not work for it. Please update reference to be fully qualified alternatively use PublicSystemLibraryPaths if you do intended to use this slow path to suppress this warning.

[4/19] Link UnrealEditor-TDxUnrealEditor.lib
   Creating library ***\Bart_UE_Learning\Plugins\TDxUnrealEditor\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\TDxUnrealEditor\UnrealEditor-TDxUnrealEditor.lib and object ***\Bart_UE_Learning\Plugins\TDxUnrealEditor\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\TDxUnrealEditor\UnrealEditor-TDxUnrealEditor.exp
[5/19] Link UnrealEditor-TDxUnrealEditor.dll
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '***\Bart_UE_Learning\Plugins\TDxUnrealEditor\Source\ThirdParty\NavLib\lib\x64\TDxNavLib.lib'

I don't have ThirdParty\NavLib\lib\x64\ path nor the TDxNavLib.lib anywhere on my disk.

Any ideas how to fi this?

Unreal 5.0.2
3dxWare 10.8.7.3448
3dxWinCore 17.8.7.1322
Windows 10
ngomes

Re: Unreal plugin - can't compile

Post by ngomes »

bartbrudz wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:07 am Any ideas how to fi this?
Looks like WIN-1047. See here.

Remove the plugin files from your project. Look further down in the thread linked above if you wish to fix the TDxNavLib.lib not found warning.
Nuno Gomes
bartbrudz

Re: Unreal plugin - can't compile

Post by bartbrudz »

Moving the Plugin into the Marketplace worked. Thanks!

I also found this post about the TDxNavLib.lib warning. Commenting the line resolved that one. I'm only left with this one warning, but does not prevent the project from compiling

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\3Dconnexion\TDxUnrealEditor\Source\TDxUnrealEditor\TDxUnrealEditor.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\3Dconnexion\TDxUnrealEditor\Source\ThirdParty\NavLib\inc' does not exist.