File shortcut in radial menu

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

GuillaumeIBE

File shortcut in radial menu

Post by GuillaumeIBE »

Hello,

I don't find a way to add files shortcuts into the radial menu, even by passing the macro way.
I mean having usual links as "customers" file / "technical" file / "OP's" file or any usualy opened.

Is ther a way to add it and eventually to add a specific icon as I have in my desktop ?

Thanks for your answers,

Guillaume
ngomes

Re: File shortcut in radial menu

Post by ngomes »

GuillaumeIBE wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:56 am I don't find a way to add files shortcuts into the radial menu, even by passing the macro way.
I think it is possible to add a system-wide keyboard accelerator to a file shortcut. You can then assign that keyboard accelerator to a device button.

Right-click on the file shortcut and select "Properties". Then enter an accelerator keyboard key combination in the "Shortcut" key field (say Ctrl + Alt + S). Test the accelerator with your keyboard and if all works well, then assign it to a device button using the "Buttons" panel of "3Dconnexion Properties".
Nuno Gomes
GuillaumeIBE

Re: File shortcut in radial menu

Post by GuillaumeIBE »

I, and thanks for the answer.

The tips looks to work when apply in the macro properties. But it's not working while in desktop.

Still, if the windows is opened while the shortcut is tested in the macro properties - it's not working even in the desktop with the keybord shortcut. But I'm on Windows 11 since a short time, it's maybe the reason why.