Scrolling issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Femke22

Scrolling issue

Post by Femke22 »

I am using my CadMouse for a year now. Lately I am having some issues, which makes it impossible to do my job without any frustrations.
When im trying to scroll up (zoom in), it will zoom in and out without reason. I am simply not able to use the mouse wheel anymore without it goiing to the wrong direction. I already tried to reset it thru the "HID-compliant mouse". I also have tried to contact the costumer service, but they are not answering. My software is all updated.
The mouse is currently useless (while beiing very expenvice) and I am about to throw it away.
Does anyone know how to fix it?
ngomes

Re: Scrolling issue

Post by ngomes »

Femke22 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:05 am When im trying to scroll up (zoom in), it will zoom in and out without reason. I am simply not able to use the mouse wheel anymore without it goiing to the wrong direction.
What application are you using when you see this?
I also have tried to contact the costumer service, but they are not answering.
How did you try to reach our customer service?
Nuno Gomes
AdamsGTI

Post by AdamsGTI »

I am seeing the same issue, contacted support, they asked for video and then never responded. latest driver installed. all applications are affected,
lpj608

Post by lpj608 »

I had the exact same problem on two of my CAD mice. It is very frustrating and nearly impossible to work with CAD while it is doing it.

Technical support were very good and got me a replacement for the first, but within a few month was doing it again.

Use this website and get technical support a screen recording showing what it is doing -

https://fractalglider.github.io/fun/201 ... wheel.html

The quickest way to solve it is to open up the mouse (pretty easy) and spray some electrical cleaner in the little pot that the scroll wheel controls, that fixes it right up.

https://fccid.io/2AAHQ-CMW/Internal-Pho ... os-3683832

In this link you can see the small blue pot the scroll wheel spins.

Hope this helps.

Luke
IlaKessler

Post by IlaKessler »

I have used many types of mice, but if we use them a lot, we all have a problem of greasy mouse wheel threads. Very difficult to fix. You should buy a better mouse. gartic phone
luping

Post by luping »

It is by design, called planned obsolescence.
The mouse scroll wheel encoder is a low-lifespan one, so when the warranty expires, you have to buy a new mouse, that will generate another stream of income for the mouse manufacturer. This is how the mouse business works.
izen

Post by izen »

lpj608 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:39 pm ...
The quickest way to solve it is to open up the mouse (pretty easy) and spray some electrical cleaner in the little pot that the scroll wheel controls, that fixes it right up.
Can confirm that it works for me. Just like people in the 80 cleaned their analog ball mouses. Neanderthal vibe. My cad mouse wireless is a month old.
henryeah

Post by henryeah »

My CAD compact wireless has same issue after 1 month. I saw a fix in another post. just swith the mouse off and fast and heavily scroll the wheel up and down, for like 7x 8x time. turn the mouse on and it will work fine for a while. At first it work for a whole day. but now I have to do it 2-3 days a day. like my daily execise LOL.
It is a good mouse dispite this problem. but I will not recommend any of my friend to buy one for sure
guidog77

Post by guidog77 »

I'm having the same issue.
I scroll up and at one point it goes down by itself and up again.
guidog77

Post by guidog77 »

lpj608 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:39 pm
I did this and seems it's working now.
Valdis

Post by Valdis »

guidog77 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:21 am I'm having the same issue.
I scroll up and at one point it goes down by itself and up again.
Same
sabodn

Post by sabodn »

looks like its a hardware problem.
sabodn

Post by sabodn »

henryeah wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:35 am My CAD compact wireless has same issue after 1 month. I saw a fix in another post. just swith the mouse off and fast and heavily scroll the wheel up and down, for like 7x 8x time. turn the mouse on and it will work fine for a while. At first it work for a whole day. but now I have to do it 2-3 days a day. like my daily execise LOL.
It is a good mouse dispite this problem. but I will not recommend any of my friend to buy one for sure
i would not recommend this mouse to a friend either.
Scrolling issue simply sucks. :evil:
Rubber wrapping begun to tear off after a year of use. i hope hardware team will fix that so the product will not look like a scam.