Photoshop 2022 - Stutter mess, is it normal?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Cless_Aurion

Photoshop 2022 - Stutter mess, is it normal?

Post by Cless_Aurion »

I bought recently the 3DConnexion Enterprise taking advantage of the sweet EURO->JPY exchange rates, and I its been a dream... Until I tried photoshop.

I've worked with Zbrush, Blender, and Adobe Substance Painter, they all worked fine, in fact, Adobe Substance Painter moved in 2D and 3D canvases like dream made true. So I expected that a program as ubiquitous as photoshop to have, if not something similar, at least decent... and TECHNICALLY it does work. The problem is, that is just not a good experience, far from it, its not fluid at all and feels like being with a Newby driver on a Gearshift car. I've tried Photoshop 2020 and 2022 and both work the same way.
Did I do something wrong? Am I missing some magic setting? ...or is this the expected performance?

Like I said, I don't have issues of "zoom not working" or "only can pan", it does all those things... its just quite bad, specially compared to Substance Painter (which has a 2D canvas that moves fluidly and perfect like you would expect.