Radial Menus and 3DExperience (3Dx)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pwilk

Radial Menus and 3DExperience (3Dx)

Post by pwilk »

I am having trouble with using radial menus in 3DExperience (3Dx), CATIA not Solidworks.

In other applications, Excel, Solidworks, etc I can configure and use 3DxWare radial menus—both preconfigured and custom ones. However, in 3Dx I can't get any radial menus to execute a command. Pressing the radial button on my CadMouse will bring up the radial menu, but selecting one of the options doesn't do anything in 3Dx. This is true for default and custom menus.

I am familiar with how to set up a configuration on an application specific basis. So when I'm configuring the radial menu in 3DxWare, I'm confirming that "3DEXPERIENCE" is shown in the top left of the window.

Is this a problem specific to my configuration or is there anyone else who has/had this problem? I'm very interested in getting these radials to work to help speed my 3Dx time, but currently running into a wall.

Version info
3Dx 2020x HotFix 8, Internal Build Level, 6.422.8.0

CadMouse FW 1.06
3DxWare 10.8.7.3448
3DxWinCore 17.8.7.19322
luping

Re: Radial Menus and 3DExperience (3Dx)

Post by luping »

Make sure that the '3DEXPERIENCE' application name appears in the Radial Menu Configuration sub-selection list, as demoed in the below screenshot. If not, it's not supported. Then you must send your 3DxWare SDK APIs full implementation request to Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE software vendor.
2022-07-13_22h34_55.jpg
2022-07-13_22h34_55.jpg (62.8 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
luping

Post by luping »

Act as the licence fee-paying customer and ask Dassault Systèmes to tell its software development team and/or outsource software development supplier in India to better integrate the 3DxWare SDK from here:
https://3dconnexion.com/us/software-developer-program/
pwilk

Post by pwilk »

luping wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:43 am Make sure that the '3DEXPERIENCE' application name appears in the Radial Menu Configuration sub-selection list, as demoed in the below screenshot. If not, it's not supported. Then you must send your 3DxWare SDK APIs full implementation request to Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE software vendor.
2022-07-13_22h34_55.jpg
3DExperience is the folder I'm picking from. Assigning commands from there to a physical button works as intended, just radial menus aren't working. I will see if my VAR for 3Dx is familiar with the issue.