Strange Button Behavior Space Mouse Pro in Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

chrishahn

Strange Button Behavior Space Mouse Pro in Solidworks

Post by chrishahn »

Yesterday I started to experience strange behavior with my Space Mouse Pro after a Windows 10 July update. The lock rotation button no longer seems to function and I have mapped the "1" button to the delete key but when pressed it still brings up the virtual number pad.

I uninstalled the windows update, uninstalled 3DxWare and installed a previous version and still had the strange button behavior.

I updated to the latest version of 3DxWare and still had the strange button behavior.

I reinstalled the windows update and swapped to a different Space Mouse Pro and still had the strange button behavior.

I have verified that the lock rotation button is also not functional in Keyshot. I have tried to remap the lock rotation function to button 4 and it still does not work in keyshot or solidworks.

I have also verified that in Adobe Illustrator my button 1 delete key remap does work properly.

I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue and has a fix for it - losing the rotation lock and access to the mapped delete key is a pretty big productivity hit.

It would not allow me to attach the Solidworks XML file, I have pasted the information below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><AppCfg Default="false" xmlns="" CfgFormatVersion="1.3" ThisFileVersion="1.11" xml:space="preserve">
<AppInfo>
<Signature>
<Name>STR_SOLIDWORKS</Name>
</Signature>
<Options/>
</AppInfo>
<CfgProperties>

<Access/>
<ID>ID_STR_SOLIDWORKS</ID><Name>STR_SOLIDWORKS</Name><InheritsFromID>ID_STR_SOLIDWORKS</InheritsFromID></CfgProperties>
<AuthorInfo>
<DriverVersion>17.8.7.19322</DriverVersion>
<LastChange>
<Tool>3DxService.exe</Tool>
<Version>17.8.7.19322</Version>
<Date>2022:7:3:13:15:39:52:769</Date>
<User>chris</User>
</LastChange>
<Created>
<Tool>3DxService.exe</Tool>
<Version>17.5.15.16073</Version>
<Date>2019:5:4:30:5:50:44:44</Date>
<User>chris</User>
</Created>
</AuthorInfo>
<Settings><OverallScale>1.98</OverallScale></Settings>
<Devices>
<Device>
<Name>Standard 3D Mouse</Name>
<VendorID>0</VendorID>
<ProductID>0</ProductID>
<CurrentButtonBank>Default</CurrentButtonBank>
<AxisBank><Name>STR_DEFAULT_BANK</Name><ID>Default</ID><Axis><Enabled>true</Enabled><Input><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rx</ActionID><Min>-512</Min><Max>511</Max><Deadband>0</Deadband></Input><Output><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rx</ActionID><NameID>STR_TILT</NameID><Min>-512.0000</Min><Max>511.0000</Max><Scale>1.0000</Scale><Reversed>false</Reversed></Output></Axis><Axis><Enabled>true</Enabled><Input><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Ry</ActionID><Min>-512</Min><Max>511</Max><Deadband>0</Deadband></Input><Output><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Ry</ActionID><NameID>STR_ROLL</NameID><Min>-512.0000</Min><Max>511.0000</Max><Scale>1.0000</Scale><Reversed>false</Reversed></Output></Axis><Axis><Enabled>true</Enabled><Input><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rz</ActionID><Min>-512</Min><Max>511</Max><Deadband>0</Deadband></Input><Output><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rz</ActionID><NameID>STR_SPIN</NameID><Min>-512.0000</Min><Max>511.0000</Max><Scale>1.0000</Scale><Reversed>false</Reversed></Output></Axis></AxisBank></Device>
<Device>
<Name>SpaceMouse Pro</Name>
<VendorID>46d</VendorID>
<ProductID>c62b</ProductID>
<CurrentButtonBank>Default</CurrentButtonBank>
<ButtonBank>
<ID>swDocASSEMBLY</ID>
<Button>
<Input>
<ActionID>HIDButton_13</ActionID>
</Input>
<Output>
<ActionID>KB_Delete</ActionID>
</Output>
</Button>
<Name>STR_DEFAULT_BUTTONBANK</Name></ButtonBank>
<ButtonBank><ID>swDocDRAWING</ID><Button><Input><ActionID>HIDButton_13</ActionID></Input><Output><ActionID>KB_Delete</ActionID></Output></Button><Name>STR_DEFAULT_BUTTONBANK</Name></ButtonBank><ButtonBank><ID>swDocPART</ID><Button><Input><ActionID>HIDButton_13</ActionID></Input><Output><ActionID>KB_Delete</ActionID></Output></Button><Name>STR_DEFAULT_BUTTONBANK</Name></ButtonBank></Device>
<Device><Name>Universal Receiver</Name><VendorID>256f</VendorID><ProductID>c652</ProductID><CurrentButtonBank>Default</CurrentButtonBank></Device><Device><Name>CadMouse Wireless</Name><VendorID>256f</VendorID><ProductID>c651</ProductID><CurrentButtonBank>Default</CurrentButtonBank></Device><Device><ID>ID_Standard_3D_Mouse</ID><CurrentButtonBank>Default</CurrentButtonBank><AxisBank><Name>STR_DEFAULT_BANK</Name><ID>Default</ID><Axis><Enabled>true</Enabled><Input><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rx</ActionID><Min>-512</Min><Max>511</Max><Deadband>0</Deadband></Input><Output><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rx</ActionID><NameID>STR_TILT</NameID><Min>-512.0000</Min><Max>511.0000</Max><Scale>1.0000</Scale><Reversed>false</Reversed></Output></Axis><Axis><Enabled>true</Enabled><Input><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Ry</ActionID><Min>-512</Min><Max>511</Max><Deadband>0</Deadband></Input><Output><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Ry</ActionID><NameID>STR_ROLL</NameID><Min>-512.0000</Min><Max>511.0000</Max><Scale>1.0000</Scale><Reversed>false</Reversed></Output></Axis><Axis><Enabled>true</Enabled><Input><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rz</ActionID><Min>-512</Min><Max>511</Max><Deadband>0</Deadband></Input><Output><ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rz</ActionID><NameID>STR_SPIN</NameID><Min>-512.0000</Min><Max>511.0000</Max><Scale>1.0000</Scale><Reversed>false</Reversed></Output></Axis></AxisBank></Device><Device><ID>ID_ProductID_C62B</ID><CurrentButtonBank>swDocASSEMBLY</CurrentButtonBank><ButtonBank Default="true"><Name>STR_DEFAULT_BUTTONBANK</Name><ID>Default</ID><Button><Input><ActionID>HIDButton_13</ActionID></Input><Output><ActionID>KB_Delete</ActionID></Output></Button></ButtonBank></Device><Device><ID>ID_ProductID_C652</ID><CurrentButtonBank>swDocASSEMBLY</CurrentButtonBank></Device><Device><ID>ID_ProductID_C651</ID><CurrentButtonBank>swDocASSEMBLY</CurrentButtonBank></Device></Devices>
<MacroTable><MacroEntry><ID>Delete</ID><KeyStroke><Key>4C</Key></KeyStroke></MacroEntry></MacroTable></AppCfg>
chrishahn

Re: Strange Button Behavior Space Mouse Pro in Solidworks

Post by chrishahn »

I was able to resolve this issue myself by following the steps on this support page:

https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/ ... n-windows/

Button behavior is working perfectly now.