Keyboard Pro - Random key repeats

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rossbagguy

Keyboard Pro - Random key repeats

Post by rossbagguy »

When typing on my Keyboard Pro in Windows 11 in any application, Including this post, the keyboard will randomly repeat a key for something like 20 times. Some times it keeps going until I hit a key. Most times, it repeats a key 10 to 20 times and thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhn ( there! that's one right there.) and then it stops on its own. It is a real problem if the key I happen to hit is the Delete key, in which case it proceeds to delete some number oooooooooooooooooooo (yup, there is another one) of my previous keystrokes.

My research has shown that it has something to do with the system "listening" for keystrokes, among all the other things it's trying to do, and it hears the "key down" command but not the "key up" command, and some other system process jumps in between those two commands and the "key down" command stay active for a bit.

All of the reading I did on the topic contained posts from many users on many forums, and in most of the cases, they were using bluetooth as their connection method for the keyboard. (Which is not the case for the Keyboard Pro since it is hard-wired.) So it's not exclusively a Bluetooth thing. In fact, I was using a Logitech keyboard with their little "dongle", and I was getting the same behavior. So I think it is something deeper in the Syyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (and another) System having to do with this type of event regardless of connection type.

I've been unable to find a solution that is not just a heavy-handed, unworkable form of "bulldozing over the problem", like "revert to a previous version of your system install".

So I'm interrested to see if anyone else knows about this.
ngomes

Re: Keyboard Pro - Random key repeats

Post by ngomes »

Looks like a hardware problem.

Did you just get the keyboard? If not, did it always behave like that or did it only start playing up recently?
Nuno Gomes
rossbagguy

Post by rossbagguy »

Sorry for the delay.

I did indeed just get the Keyboard Pro (back then in July) and yes, it has always had that behavior. It still has the behavior now. I've been just living with it since I a (it just added those "spaces") since I can't find a solution.

But I don't think it's a hardware issue. Before this, I had a Logitech K350 wireless (using their "Unifying Receiver" dongle) and it worked fine for years, until someeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee System update (I'm assuming) caused it to start the repeating.

I'm hoping that someone else has encountered this (I can't be the only one), and might have a solution.

Many thanks,
RB
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

rossbagguy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:01 am I'm hoping that someone else has encountered this (I can't be the only one),
Currently and as far as I'm aware, you're indeed the only one seeing this.

I suggest that you try using the Keyboard in a different system just to make sure the problem is not tracking the device. If you see the problem in multiple systems, then you're likely to have a dodgy keyboard.
EricE

Post by EricE »

Same here.
Windows 11 home.
Keyboard Pro + Cadmouse pro wireless + Spacemouse Enterprise.
Keyboard plugged into the 2 port hub that comes with the Spacemouse.

Got the keyboard delivered last week from 3dconnexion as part of the keyboard plus cadmouse promo. (Awesome deal)

Does the same thing. Sometimes a single key press gives you 10 to 20 characters. Also, from time to time annoying keyboard lag.

Cadmouse rocks! Keyboard, I'm not quite sold yet.

Bought the same keyboard + mouse promo for one of my employees, but don't have feedback yet.

Weeeeeeeeeeee are nottttttttttt the onlyyyyyyyyyy ones.